• This topic has 24 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Bicycle theft now added to Police.uk
  • Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Just checking Police.uk website and I have noticed they have added Bicycle theft under crimes. So now you can enter your post code for home, work etc and see whats happened in your area over the last month.

Could give you a heads up if there is an increase of theft in your area.

wwaswas

18 bike thefts within a mile of my home in July. Mostly from railway stations and schools.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Just entered Bristol as know they have a problem…. 105 in the centre alone during July. Thats more than 3 a day.

jam-bo

a big fat zero for me. 😀

the-muffin-man

a bit fat zero for me to!

wwaswas

a bit fat zero for me to!

Just wait until you join Strava 😉

tomhoward

5 here!

iolo
    Free Member

18 bike thefts within a mile of my home in July. Mostly from railway stations and schools.

During school holidays?

jam-bo

Just wait until you join Strava

really, i’d quite like some new bikes

chakaping
    Free Member

zero bike thefts in half mile radius, but 2 burglaries

so would it get listed as a bike theft if taken in a burglary I wonder?

anyone know?

the-muffin-man

Just wait until you join Strava

I am on Strava!

Fortunately I do it for my own benefit and don’t feel the need to broadcast my every move.

wwaswas

During school holidays?

It was July – schools didn’t break up until after the 20th.

iolo
    Free Member

ok

brakes
    Free Member

how do I do this? I can only see a CSV file download.
    can it be displayed on a map?

wwaswas

I can only see a CSV file download.

Quick, someone’s stolen the internet!

[edit] do you get a web page with a map on it from this link?

http://www.police.uk/overview/?q=Brighton%2C+The+City+of+Brighton+and+Hove%2C+UK

click on the map to see more.

brakes
    Free Member

thanks, I was on data.police.uk

irc

zero bike thefts in half mile radius, but 2 burglaries

so would it get listed as a bike theft if taken in a burglary I wonder?

Nope. Anything stolen during a burglary would just be listed under property stolen. Not a separate crime.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110218135832/http://rds.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs10/countburglary10.pdf

chakaping
    Free Member

that’s what I suspected, thanks

it’d be good to see how many bikes had been stolen from homes, since that’s how many of us feel our bikes are most vulnerable

mrlebowski
    Free Member

rucknar
    Free Member

Been through about 40 thefts in my local area over the last 6 months. A total of 0 had a suspect found or charged. I’m very disappointed in how the police handle bike thefts.

mrmo
    Free Member

43 bike thefts in a mile for July.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve got no bike thefts in my area but 2 violent or sexual offences on my street.

Not sure I wanted to know that.

irc

it’d be good to see how many bikes had been stolen from homes, since that’s how many of us feel our bikes are most vulnerable

For practical purposes you could probably count any burglary/housebreaking to a garage or shed as a bike theft when assessing risks in your area since any burglar that found a good quality bike would nearly always take it (assuming it wasn’t locked to a ground anchor or similar).

One of the benefits to living on the outer edge of the suburbs here is that the houses, garages, and sheds of the areas nearer to the city get plundered rather than mine as most of the thieves live inside the city and target places that are easier to get to and easier to get away from.

ThePinkster

0 bike thefts but 5 cases of antisocial behaviour, 1 drugs, 1 criminal damage & arson and 2 ‘other thefts’ in July within a mile of where I live.

Looks like the countryside is an exciting place to live after all. It’s almost like a episode of Emmerdale every day round here. 😉

gazc
    Free Member

22 bike thefts for july round here 😯

just about to move house thank god!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Bicycle theft now added to Police.uk’ is closed to new replies.