Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bicycle Safety- Can you help me?
  • jendesign90
    Free Member

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of design research for my university project in Product Design. I am looking for keen cyclists to kindly give me 5-10 minutes of their time to help answer my following questionnaires.

My project brief is to design a product to do with bicycle safety, so I have selected a few questions that will help me gain an insight into the issues already out there.

Please no time wasters as this is towards my degree

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GXL37ZR ( quantative survey of 10 yes/no answers)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PNQZZLP (a more in depth qualatitive questionnaire)

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you

aracer
    Free Member

I can help you with your spelling.

jendesign90
    Free Member

Woops my mistake thankyou

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Be nice if you introduced yourself a bit – or even been on the site before.

anyway – quick one filled in

jendesign90
    Free Member

thankyou for your time 🙂

nedrapier

quick one done.

Be interesting to see how many people are “always” riding their bike!

7. How much would you pay for safety equiptment for your bike?

You might get some skewed answers to this one, people might think of equipment for the bike itself, rather than helmet clothes etc.

How much would you pay for cycling safety equipment?

And over what period? Per year? 3 years? A lot on here have been cycling pretty all* their lives, and will carry on as long as they can.

*not ALL, oboviously! 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Does safety equipment include brakes?

oldnpastit

Done both.

Thinking about it, I forgot to mention shaving legs. That helps if you come off I find, as you don’t get hairs ripped out to the same extent as you slide along the ground.

But my wife really *hates* it. So for the sake of love, I ride with hairy legs 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Done (the first one) could do with being more quantative.

Does ‘Often’ mean once a week, once a month, once a day, once an hour?

Safety products for bikes are on a par (IMO) with telling rape victims not to wear mini skirts. Maybe think outside the box and try and develop a ‘product’ more allong the lines of a poster with a dead cyclist on it. “Greg was rushing to work to make his 9am meeting, Mark won’t ever get to his” etc etc etc.

Wear a mini shirt and get unwanted attention, it’s the guys fault (I agree with this).

Wear a miniskirt and get hit by a car, it’s your fault for being on the road.

jendesign90
    Free Member

Just want to say thankyou to anyone who has kindly taken some time to help me out. I am very greatful as this will help hugely towards my research.

Thankyou for the advise guys, Ive tried to reword some of the questions but i can not change them fully as it will erase my previous feedback.

‘How much would you pay for safety equiptment for your bike?’ Is meant for both clothing and bicycle equiptment but obviously as some have pointed out, i have made a fault as you may have a different price range for either. As i have not clearly mentioned my intentions for the project, i would like to just add that i am thinking of designing a light product, So now i have changed it to bike products not clothing.

Anyway, ive had the odd joker filling in surveys but clearely they have nothing better to do – it doesnt affect my results so your wasting your time ?!

All in all ive had some excellent feedback, so Thankyou!

Il be collecting the data by Sunday so feel free for anyone else who would like to join in 🙂

Jen

nedrapier

While you’re on, “equipment” only has one t. 😉

Good luck!

jendesign90
    Free Member

Hey everyone,

I cannot say Thankyou personally to you, as your surveys are confidential but I have had some amazing feedback, more than I expected! Some great answers and ideas.

Many thanks

Jen

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bicycle Safety- Can you help me?’ is closed to new replies.