Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bicycle Mileage Payments
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Just found out I can claim 75p a day for using the bike for work duties. Given I've been using it everyday for the last 6 months – I figure that gives me the best part of a ton to spend!

Whoop !

Oli-B
    Free Member

A previous employer of mine use to do mileage for cycling in the same way as driving (albeit cheaper). I seem to recall it was about 15p/mile.

For a time I was cycling to meetings a couple of miles down the road several times a week, so I could have claimed, but appathy got the better of me and I never did.

kimbers

we get 20p a mile buteven though i do the odd 20 mile round trip for work to drop samples off at other labs im too lazy to claim

were not all MPs

scruff
    Free Member

I get 10p / mile.

stealthcat

It's been a while since I looked at this, but the HMRC limit used to be 20p a mile and anything over that was taxable, so it might not be as good as it looks, especially if you're a higher rate taxpayer…

br
    Free Member

It's been a while since I looked at this, but the HMRC limit used to be 20p a mile and anything over that was taxable, so it might not be as good as it looks, especially if you're a higher rate taxpayer…

Until tax is 100% its all extra cash!

wonnyj
    Free Member

I get 20p/mile and claim on principle if I'm not using the car.

Cardiff to Swansea the other day = £9.80

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Yup, 20p/mile here too.

Just about covers the coffee bill. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bicycle Mileage Payments’ is closed to new replies.