Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • bibtights or bibknickers?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Need some new winter riding kit. As i have extremely short legs & always end up rolling tights up I’m thinking of going down the 3/4 route. Will i freeze in midwinter?

jam-bo

Maybe if you get large bib knickers they’ll be long enough…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly! Even most company’s x-small have 31″ inside legs & mine are a *little* less…

garage-dweller

I have short legs too.

Lat winter I did shorts, knee warmers and over shoes for most of it. In my case it left a two inch gap of exposed leg, which I found ok.

aracer
    Free Member

Bib knickers, long socks.

scotroutes

Armwarmers on your shins?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That’s genius! Cut down some old armwarmers 🙂
    Seen some Castelli bibknickers at a good price..

TiRed

As aracer says, but get some nice argyle check. Mine always raise comments. Also long socks arent always long enough, so i think with shorter legs you will be fine. They are more practical than bibs.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Are they the Nanoflex bibknickers.? If so then I can’t recommend them enough, excellent chamois, good fit. I am pretty tall so usually have the opposite problem to you and these are a good length so you might find you don’t need anything more than some mid length thermal socks.. 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Thems the ones, waterproof(ish) and a decent price – for Castelli kit.
    More for road riding to be fair so was wondering how cold they would be.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I’ve used them right from early spring through the cooler summer days, did the Tour of the Borders in them and kept surprisingly dry even though the last 40km was pretty wet. I doubt they will be ok on their own in the depths of winter but it depends very much on how hot you run generally.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘bibtights or bibknickers?’ is closed to new replies.