Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bib tights – roubaix or normal?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

sorry, potential thicko question…

i’m after some bib tights for the winter (road and my use), looking at wiggles dhb ones, but having never ridden in tights (ron hill bikesters for me for the last 10 years i’m ashamed to say) can’t decide if i need roubaix (are they for the utter freezing depths and on a normal 10 or so deg day like we get in cornwall i’d be too hot) or normal weight (would i be too cold)?

anyone give me a steer please?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If you think its too cold for shorts, you probably want roubaix tights. I can see the thinking behind non-roubaix 3/4 lengths, but I’ve never want anything other than the warmest longs.

rhys
    Free Member

Roubaix here in Cornwall. Home today in fact, a bit sweaty when I got home but thats probably more to do with the Endura Stealth jacket that was a bit ott

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

thanks guys, roubaixs ordered and god bless wiggle for the 5 off 25 coupon!

rhys, where in the county do you ride? i’m far sw near penzance.

Grimy
    Free Member

Slightly off topic, but how on earth do you go for a pee wearing Bib tights? Its a faf with a pair of lycra shorts under my baggies, so I can only assume it a complete sodding nightmare. 😕

mrmo
    Free Member

Slightly off topic, but how on earth do you go for a pee wearing Bib tights? Its a faf with a pair of lycra shorts under my baggies, so I can only assume it a complete sodding nightmare.

Lycra stretches in case you weren’t aware. Some bibs do have a zip on the front to reduce the effective height when you need a nature break.

rhys
    Free Member

Gav
    Ridden and raced on the road with the PZwheelers for years, much less so in the past 2 years. Off road
    Poldice, Dartmoor, Idless, stagnes- perran, Alps, Morocco!!
    Rhys

uplink
    Free Member

Slightly off topic, but how on earth do you go for a pee wearing Bib tights? Its a faf with a pair of lycra shorts under my baggies, so I can only assume it a complete sodding nightmare.

Oh, I thought everyone could get their old fella over the top when you get the call, is that not so?

cheers_drive

uplink – Member
    Oh, I thought everyone could get their old fella over the top when you get the call, is that not so?

Over the top for me but I have seen someone roll the leg up and do it out there which I thought a bit odd.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

as a follow up thought i’d post and say how impressed i am with the dhb tights. was’nt too sure what they would be like, being an in-house budget brand and all that, but no they’re a seriously decent quality bit of kit and a deal for the price.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bib tights – roubaix or normal?’ is closed to new replies.