Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bib shorts for a lanky person
  • superstu
    Free Member

As per title, without spending a fortune (cheaper the better). Mostly short rides but doing a few all day events including a 98 miler so will need to be comfortable all day.

I’m 6.2 with a 30 inch waist and pencil legs

chakaping
    Free Member

Not Santini!

Their large bibs are short for a medium person.

chudsy
    Free Member

Try Madison, I get on quite well with them at 6’4 and 34 waist. I have a pair of Santini bibs for big rides and really really like them but they are a bit spendy.

Sundayjumper

I’m the same size as chudsy and have been very happy with my Specialized bibs.

They’re a few years old though and I haven’t the foggiest which model they are.

Useful post 🙂

househusband

Endura do their FS260-Pro SL Bibshort in different leg lengths and pad widths. I’ve not heard of any other manufacturer offer that.

Bez

I’m 6’5″ and manage ok with DHB bibs in XXL. I’ve given up ever trying to find bib longs, though.

scaredypants

can only speak for their 3/4s, but lusso bibs are noticeably looser round my shoulders than DHB, Gore or Pearl Izumi

superstu
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, much appreciated

scaredypants

(would surely be a doddle to extend any straps though* and that way you could concentrate on getting a pad that suits you)

((*if one were competent))

davosaurusrex

I’m 6’3″ (and a half, actually), 85kg, chicken legs and I have the howies bibs and 3/4 bibs in the L/Xl size. They could do with being a tiny bit longer – caught the nose of the saddle a few times on the standard ones but stopped happening after a few rides, must have stretched a bit. Would think they’d be bob on at 6’2″. Not the cheapest but no way near the top end, great pad, super comfy.

lunge

Decathlon fit 6”4″ me very well, the 700 series stuff is very good. And avoid PX/On-one, lovely shorts but not very long at all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bib shorts for a lanky person’ is closed to new replies.