Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bib shorts
  • Kuco

Looking at some new bib shorts for on the road and looking at Castelli Evoluzione 2. Does anyone know how the sizing come up on Castelli stuff?

scaredypants

tiny, probably 2 up from your normal clothing size

Kuco

I thought they may come up small but not that small 😯

rOcKeTdOg

At least 2 sizes, try before you buy really

legend
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    tiny, probably 2 up from your normal clothing size

Add in bizarre too. I’m a small in Castelli jerseys, but can’t even get the shoulder straps on in their bibs. Mediums are tight too, large makes for baggy legs!

scaredypants

😀 I’d buy 2 sizes from a free-returns retailer and see how you go (mind, “2 up” is from your normal clothing zize rather than normal bibshort size if you’ve ever had some before – maybe one up on that depending on what brand you had. Italian stuff is small)

whay size are you ?

I’m just over 6ft, 80kg and XXL – couldn’t have worn the XL

andysredmini
    Free Member

Castelli stuff fits like they intended. It just happens that most of us are not stick thin pros. I’m a large in every other manufacturer and xl in castelli. I have tried some stuff in large and it fits but its race fit and tighter than I like.

beej

If it helps, 5″10 and a bit, 29″ waist, 67kg. I wear medium castelli bibs, small jersey.

Kuco

The only bibshorts I have are some DHB and Specialized and they are in Large. Tempted now to look at another brand.

scaredypants

they are great IMO and it doesn’t matter what the ticket says – I only have 1 pair of theirs (endurance x2) but I’ll buy more this winter, when they’re cheaper

My DHB ones are XL (so one size down) but all are from a few years back so may not be same sizing as current ones

fifeandy
    Free Member

Castelli is pretty true to the size chart with the exception that they are perhaps a bit short.

If you are average height for UK or tall you’ll want to go + 1 size on shorts/tights.
    If you are a stocky build also +1 size on tops.

For reference i’m 5’9, 30.5″w, 60kg and i’m a medium in their shorts/tights and a small in tops.

Kuco

Thanks all.

CaptJon
    Free Member

fifeandy – Member
    Castelli is pretty true to the size chart

I’ve always found this to be the case, and i really like their fit. I’m 6’1, 79kg, 39″ chest, 33″ waist and i’m a medium for Castelli across the board.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Small normally. 30 waist. I’m a in Medium Castelli

nathb
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 70kg and circa 37″ chest 30″ waist.

I wear medium jerseys and large bibs.

Both my castelli bibs are “velocissimo’s” however I’ve recently discovered Rapha core bibs. They’re a much better fit and more comfortable too with leg grippers that stick in place.

When on offer you can pick them up for £75 a pair (or £100 with a core jersey too).

Apparently the pad is used in these DHB shorts too.

legend
    Free Member

Both my castelli bibs are “velocissimo’s” however I’ve recently discovered Rapha core bibs. They’re a much better fit and more comfortable too with leg grippers that stick in place.

Agree with that

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bib shorts’ is closed to new replies.