Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bib curious
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

After a pair 3/4 bib shorts, never used them before, something hardwearing and cheap in case I don’t get on with them and that I can use year round – any recomendations?

parkesie
    Free Member

Funkier on merlin work for me.

MoreCashThanDash

Dhb on wiggle

sandwicheater

+1 for dhb, use them all the time.

I was sceptical but surprised how often i grab them when getting reading.

tenfoot

I’ve been using decathlon bibs for the last two years. I have two pairs that each get used once a week during autumn/spring. They are very hardy, and we’re reasonably priced.

MSP

I have had 2 bits of DHB kit, both have fallen apart rather rapidly, wont be making that mistake again.

MoreCashThanDash

Sandwicheater – still time for a stealth edit!

That or you have unusual tastes in reading….

freeagent
    Free Member

http://www.zipvitsport.co.uk/products/zv-sport-clothing/zv-sport-bib-shorts.html

awesome for the money – but currently out of stock

Nipper99
    Free Member

Thanks all.

mlbasiliere
    Free Member

If you aren’t a ‘bib guy’ (I’m not- they make my tummy hot), the cheapest option may be a pair of unpadded 3/4 length running tights. I’ve got a Champion-branded pair that I pull over whatever shorts are clean that cost under US$20. Comfy from 5-15 degrees and can be tossed in a pack if it gets any warmer. Keeps the hips warm too, something that can’t be said of knee warmers. Be warned: you may need to brave the ladies’ section of your local big box store and make an educated guess on sizing.

Want to spoil yourself? Ibex’s dense wool El Fitos with the pad cut out do much the same but are good down to about freezing. £110 without bib straps, £130 with. Amazing and – as you’ll be wearing clean shorts underneath – good for several rides without washing.

slowoldman

I love bibs – they keep everything together! I have several pairs of Craft bib shorts and was recently looking for some autumn weight 3/4 bibs. I spotted these at 30 odd quid.
    http://galibier.cc/product/34-length-knickers/

The seat pad doesn’t feel as good as the Crafts but once on the saddle they are fine. Having tried them I bought two more pairs.

ross980
    Free Member

Another DHB +1. Cheap, comfortable and do the job.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Gone for a pair of Galibier bibs and Mrs Nipper is banned from the house when they turn up as I suspect much p##s taking!

igm

Beware. I love bib shorts, far comfier than simple shorts. BUT…

I have a long body and shot legs, get the wrong brand and the shoulder straps drive the crotch straight into you. Not comfortable.

Gore better than most others for me, but I haven’t by any means tried them all.

garage-dweller

IGM I am also long bodied. Decathlon ones may be worth a look my bib roadie shorts are ok. Inner pad style 3 anything else looks like a nappy.

nbt

The galibier ones look nice but that website is dodgy as hell – no address details anywhere and the product photography is awful

I’ve been using Decathlon bib 3/4 for a couple of years, they’re great. Recently picked up some Funkier bib shorts with a gel pad and they;re *awesome* – combine with some (decathlon) roubaix knee warmers that stretch from crotch to mid calf for a three-quarter

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bibs. Gay. End of. 😛

Seriously though, just not my thing. I like it loose down there. Things pulling it all up into your crotch as the above mentioned can’t be good long term. I do wear padded shorts under baggies but even those are a bit restricting at times.

Oh, and better check… Talking off road or road? I should be able to assume it’s off but can never tell with these forums these days.

nbt

Did I wake up in 1980 or something? Are you really still using that term as an insult?

Dunno about you but I need some support, I get unbalanced if things start swinging side to side. Plus, bibs mean things don’t start to slip, and keep my lower back warm when my shirt rides up

sandwicheater

Cheers MCTD, waaay too slow, 😳

Nipper99
    Free Member

On and off road (on cx and mtb ) and for reading in. As middle age has set in such hips as I had have gone somewhere and I end up with shorts down around knees or tangled with the nose of my saddle. I have chainsaw safety trouser braces for my baggies.

zbonty

The first ones i tried were DHB which i found very uncomfy- maybe my body is ‘long’. Just felt like i was getting a wedgie the whole time.

Now have some Endura FS260s which are comfy, as are the Howies ones (very comfy but not 3/4)

Fit is so important, particularly for off road business.

Nipper99
    Free Member

My Galibier bibs turned up today. Firm based in NI. Quick service and free postage. Seem well made and their sizing guide seems spot on 🙂

jekkyl

I don’t wear them but my mate does and always complains when we stop for a wee.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bib curious’ is closed to new replies.