Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bianchi/Wiggle warranty inspection – where do I stand?
  • Kryton57

I’m fed up.

My Bianchi Sempre chainstay snapped just before Xmas, its 4.5yo and just within Bianchi’s warranty. Wiggle acknowledged this and my purchase as I purchased from them. What with work and later Yodel “losing” my bike it ended with Wiggle on 2nd Feb.

Ever since, I’ve no results. I’ve been in communication with Wiggle and basically the response is “Its with Bianchi, and they’re Italian, which is why there’s a delay – we will update you when possible”.

So I’m six weeks not just without my “good” bike, but without even a response to the repair/replace warranty question.

Do I have some legal standing with which to bang on the table, or do I have to merely wait for Bianchi?

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Afraid I think you’ll just have to wait. Frustrating, but Wiggle will have to wait for Bianchi to process and inspect. Be good if you get a new frame/bike after four and a half years though. Fingers crossed.

Kryton57

Hmm ok. Yes it would, but the reaction I got on here when I posted the pics…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-frame-just-snapped-woe-is-me

…was that it can be easily repaired, maybe that’s what I’m waiting for!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dobiejessmo
    Free Member

No help to you but my LBS stopped selling Bianchis they were a waste of space people wanted to buy 3K/5K bikes just could not get hold of them for 6months then they are bringing the new models out great bikes not great to deal with.

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

When I used to work for a Bianchi dealer they were incredibly slow for warranty. Still I would complain to Wiggle.

Kryton57

I have moaned several time, they say they are doing their best with Bianchi.

At least this confirms it’s not just me then.

wilburt
    Free Member

Bianchi support is non existant.

wiggles
    Free Member

Not Italian but when I sold a lappiere (only ever sold one in my shop because didn’t want to sell them but one person was adamant it was the only bike they wanted) Id often contact the distributor about one of the many warranty claims for this particular bike and be told “lappierre are closed for a week/month so wont know anything for a while” for no apparent reason other than off on their jollies.

smell_it
    Free Member

I heard nothing from Bianchi for over 3 months despite lbs chasing up over a 4 yo snapped frame, then one morning a new frame arrived direct to my door. No acknowledgement, no correspondence, lbs had no idea and it was just as if I had ordered a new frame. Not sure if that helps or not.

SaxonRider

My brother is Italian by marriage. His son, born in the USA, has waited 8 years to get his passport from Rome.

8. Flipping. Years.

Apparently, that’s how they roll in Italy. 👿

Kryton57

Right. Its now been 1 calendar month since i last heard from Wiggle, and nearly two since my bike was recieved.

I need to pen a shitagram tonight, do i have any legal or consumer recourse you could help me to mention? Its gone on too long, i want my bike back.

MSP

IANAL!

The extended warranty, beyond statutory rights, is provided by Bianchi. Did you register the warranty with Bianchi and do you have details of the terms and conditions of its provision? That, I would say, is the crux of any legal recourse you may have.

Wiggle will provide warranty support as part of its terms and conditions of supplying the brand, but that is not a contract with you. It could be argued that you bought a frame with a 5 year warranty and therefore that is part of the sale contract.

Personally as shit as it is, I don’t think enough time has passed to justify taking legal action.

LeeW

A month is nothing in terms of dealing with Italian businesses. I’m still waiting for some information for some work I was asked to commission in 2013.

Test equipment is sitting in Cameri, doing nothing, unusable. But I can’t move until I get the go ahead through IAF > Alenia > Bae etc.

I think they’re still at lunch.

Kryton57

I can’t wait that long the warranty expires in July.

Honestly, this is just wrong. Surely someone owes me a bike albeit mine. I’d gladly accept my bike back to be sent to the nearest carbon repair shop TBH, which I wish I’d one in the first place…

tthew

I can’t wait that long the warranty expires in July.

You should be alright as you sent it back well before it ran out, (though I hope it’s resolved before July obviously!)

Kryton57

Well, I know I’ve been banging on in the “Discs” thread, but I thought I’d place an update here, not least to highlight Wiggle’s generosity.

After 2 months then Bianchi still haven’t sent my bike. After my polite shit o gram Wiggle via Barnaby – contacted me and informed me of Bianchi’s poor response over this and empathetic view of my situation.

So, they offered me a voucher credit for the value of the Bianchi at original purchase – £1560 as I bought it in a sale. Of course I can’t have the Bianchi back but they have a agree to send me a few parts I want off it, namely the Praxis BB that goes with my Infocrank.

After some thought, I’ve opted to say yes, and will soon take delivery of an Eastway Emitter 105 with Cosine Carbons and Ritchey WCS kit. So a win for me as I get a decent racey summer bike, and for Wiggle as they get advertising. Its a tool for the job for me an never meant to be “special” so for effectively “free” with a new 5yr warranty I can’t complain.

I’ll never know what will happen to the Bianchi frame. Perhaps its repaired, perhaps its a new frame probably best not to ask. Googling other situations is they generally end up with a lower value frame anyway as the cost of course has crept up, so maybe I’ve done the right thing.

So, thank you to Wiggle and Barnaby, we got to a satisfactory conclusion in the end.

weeksy

Good work from Wiggle that 🙂

wilburt
    Free Member

Yes, a good outcome that and some credit to Wiggle.
    I spent several months emailing Bianchi for a Sempre gear cable guide, nothing not a reply ever from the Italians, the UK distributor just said there not available and the LBS I bought it from was useless.
    Made one myself in the end.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bianchi/Wiggle warranty inspection – where do I stand?’ is closed to new replies.