Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bialetti mukka stove top – any users ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

wanted one of those aldi cappuchino makers the other week as i do like a bit of poof coffee now and again – but we just dont have space for one ….

saw this in a shop today when out xmas shopping.

read mixed reviews online. any one here got one ? how do you rate it ?

based on that i do not like milk in my coffee but i do like cappuchino – so what kinda result can you get from the mukka realistically ?

plant
    Free Member

got a link?

(too lazy to Google!)

plant
    Free Member

Ahhh – pic. Is that electric?

geoffj

That looks like a stove top espresso maker. You need something to froth the milk for a cappuccino. Gaggias and the like have a steam lance to do that, but you can get a manual frother like this:

which you can use in the microwave.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Used one once. It makes a sort of latte I guess. It does do a lot of impressive popping and steaming noises though.

A garden variety stovetop maker and microwaved milk would achieve the same result if you ask me.

It's also a pain in the proverbial to clean.

trail_rat
    Free Member

geoff it does the frothing for you by pumping the espresso through your milk at what will be a relitively low psi though not 15 bar.

read mixxed user reviews who say that the first few cups are crap till you get the jist of it.

I might do it anyway since it can do stove top espresso as well so im not really losing out as ill be buying one or the other.

soops
    Free Member

I have been using a similar aluminum one for 5 years.
    Depends if you like espresso. If not boiler the kettle and add water.
    Great with lavazza rosso!
    Enjoy 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

currently using a caffeteire with what ever my local coffee shop recommends – experimenting shall we say.

although i had to go out and buy some from teh supermarche last night because my parents have enjoyed my coffee when they visit so experimented of there own and wondered why my coffee was so nice and why there was vile …. morrisons own piss water – i hadnt even seen the packet before i was asked to try it and i condemned it straight away – and im not even a coffee snob i dont know whats "good" but i know what tastes good to me – everything my local shop has given me has been nice imho

trail_rat
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sObkvhOO53c&NR=1
    now i realise thatas a commercial but there are various independant videos showing the product up to the point of it frothing in the top of the pot but none where they pour it into a cup ….and they seem to be very similar to the product shown in the commercial

looks pretty tasty and less like a slightly frothy latte to me.

my local shop have one down from 60 to 38 (looking online prices vary from 42-59,99) only downside is it comes in that crappy cow print unless you pay an absolute mint and get one of the special glass ones

trail_rat
    Free Member

mighty impressive tbh …….

reccomended for sure.

most of the bad reviews state its hard to clean – make coffee – rinse out job done ….. the bad reviewers must be leaving it sat and letting the milk go crusty ….

i expected it to foam up then the foam **** off quickly but that doesnt happen , its better foaming than many coffees ive had in supposedly good shops and the foam stays put

only thing ill say is use a stronger coffee than normal . i used taylors ground fairtrade for the first few cups as your supposed to throw them away anyway and its cheaper than the good stuff … of course i did try those cups , they were fine but i put in the columbian ground that was on special in the shop and WOW

and it was only 33 quid not 38 like i thought

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bialetti mukka stove top – any users ?’ is closed to new replies.