Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Nikon D60 v D3300
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I best tell “Steve”, the delivery man, to turn around then 😆

clodhopper
    Free Member

“Did you miss this post??”

No. Obviously the OP wanted a new camera body, so that’s what they got. I’m just passing on sound advice I and many others have received. Advice that helped me become a better photographer, and even earn a bit of money doing it. 😆

But for anyone in a similar position, wondering about equipment; learn to use the kit you’ve got to it’s full potential, then when you’ve reached the limits of your current gear, it’s then time to ‘upgrade’. Other advice has been to invest in lenses, and I’d echo that.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Sometimes you just have to go ‘New Body’ I used to be a Sony chap (A100) did the new body and company switch and things are better than ever (plus STW help)

Plus nothing can beat that new camera smell

mikey74
    Free Member

Clod: I have learnt how to use the camera I’ve got. I’ve found the limitations and chosen to upgrade. You do make a valid general point, though.

clodhopper
    Free Member

How are you getting along with the D7000 then? Are the ‘improvements’ significant, or more subtle? Any features that you’ve benefitted from?

mikey74
    Free Member

I took it out yesterday for the first time and I have to say it’s a revelation. I know there’s always that “new gadget” feeling with these things but the features and general functionality provide a tangible improvement. The things that annoyed me about the D60 are no longer there and it just makes photography a more pleasurable experience.

I love the ability to be able to assign functions to buttons as well.

Physically, it feels much better in the hands as well: The D60 always felt quite small and light, which didn’t necessarily translate into a positive, IMO. The larger size and increased weight of the D7000 just feels better in use.

So far, all good, thanks :mrgreen:

footflaps

The two program mode buttons are handy, I configured them with a Sports and a Landscape profile and pretty much just used those.

6 fps is also half decent for Sports (although you really need 20+ for fast action stuff).

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Nikon D60 v D3300’ is closed to new replies.