Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • BHF SDW in a day
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’m not sure the selotape will even stick to the greasy pie.

They need to make SWAT pork pies the same diameter as the down tube, with a spring loaded dispenser.

Couple that with a few SWAT sausage rolls in the handlebar, and some SWAT pizza slices in the spokes of the wheels and you’ll be sorted.

muggomagic

They need to make SWAT pork pies the same diameter as the down tube, with a spring loaded dispenser.

Like a pork pie pez dispenser. I like.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ll have a camel back and saddle bag. For some reason I prefer weight on my body rather than the bike.

I have a Camelback Volt LR, it;s pretty lightly built, the fabric is almost see through. But even without the bladder it weights 520g. So probably 650g with a bladder.

A Water bottles weighs 80g, and a cage about 30g.

So it’s actually saving around a lb in weight ditching the backpack, regardless of where you put the water afterwards. I quite happily ride with a bottle in a jersey pocket if the bike doesn’t have a cage (or I’m carrying a 2nd bottle on the road bike and CBA fitting another cage).

richardthird

Alpkit stem cell takes 5 x 1000cal pork pies, stacked.

Wally

I have been ill for a couple of weeks and I am now up early to get some miles in. Is 4 weeks enough to get some legs in? I have not ridden more than 20 miles for a number of months. Oh dear.

Keando

Under two weeks to go. For those participating – How’s it going?

dovebiker

Attempting a SDW-Double this weekend – 2x Alpkit Stemcells = 10x pork pies!

Wally

Going OK, better than 2 weeks ago. Praying for sun and a SW wind.
    I will be on Black Pivot FS.

phil40
    Free Member

Dovebike, I know someone who is doing a SDW-double this weekend! You don’t ride a fatbike by any chance do you?

dovebiker

Hi Phil, yes it’s me, F!

phil40
    Free Member

Good luck for this weekend! I was looking at the timings to see if I could give you a shout of support at qecp, but by my reckoning I will be well in bed by the time you are rolling past!

Wally

Currently in full cycle gear, looking a plonker,enjoying Merlot and food in Winchester. Lovely place, as far as a newbie can tell. Apparently restaurants don’t take singletrack premier cards as any sort of discount 🙁

m0rk
    Free Member

Which direction is it? West to East?

I might ride along with the flow if so from QECP for a bit.

Wally

Winchester to Eastbourne. You would get 2/3rds of it.

cobrakai

Parents are down from Ayrshire to look after the little one tomorrow as my wife will be in work. Currently cooking some square Sausage to be had for breakfast in the morning.

Weathers looking good but I’m nervous about whether I’ve done enough prep.

Wally

That was tough. I needed lower gears at the end.

cobrakai

Just about recovered…..

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘BHF SDW in a day’ is closed to new replies.