Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bfe or 456 evo 2
  • pickle
    Free Member

I’m currently riding my old C456 but want to go back to steel. I have 140 forks and have been looking at the Cotic Bfe and EVO 2 456. Anyone ridden both and give me the ride differences (if any?) oh and it’s for old fashioned 26″ wheels, none of this new fangled sizes here LOL 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

I had the original Evo-456, it was great, lovely narrow tubing giving a compliance I haven’t found in any other HT so far, I believe for the Evo-2 they put in a larger diameter seat tube to allow a wider range of dropper posts to be used…whether that has made things harsher or not I don’t know…I do know the seat stays look more delicate where they join the seat tube which may add compliance but I don’t know?….i skipped the Evo-2 to go straight to a 45650b.

pickle
    Free Member

Cheers mate, I’ve had an Inbred in the past and have loved my C456 so i’m leaning more to the Evo 2 side seeing as the Bfe is a £100 more. I could use that towards some new bits n bobs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sparkyrhino

Just gone from a 456 evo too an evo2 for the dropper capability(had a spare reverb).Its a tiny bit less compliant at the rear, I just run less pressure in rear tyre to compansate.(heres the cheeky bit)so my evo is for sale its raw/orange finish and in good nick£60.in west yorks not posting

sparkyrhino

18″ btw

breadcrumb

I’ve not ridden a Bfe, but I do have an EVO II. I certainly wouldn’t describe it as harsh, I think the revised stays help, as does a decent volume tyre.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I had a bfe and sold it for a ti 456 evo, which is by far the best hardtail I have ever owned. So much so That I rarely ride my 160mm full sus, about to sell both and get a more trail orientated full sus!

pickle
    Free Member

Thanks guys, The EVO 2 seems a great deal then at the mo 🙂

josh145
    Free Member

I’ve got both frames, bought the cotic because of the 44mm head tube so it can fit tapered forks. Also went from 20″ 456 to 19″ bfe so was a bit more playful with the seat down. Not much difference at all though to be honest. I wouldn’t say one was nicer to ride. Cotic looks a lot better though but that’s just preference.

sharkattack

I also had the same options and went for Bfe. No regrets.
    Also, the 19″ Bfe is slightly easier on the eye than the 20″ 456 even though it’s still a barge.

gravitykids
    Free Member

I’ve got a BFe, wife’s got a 456 Evo 2, both the same size. Both myself and the wife prefer the BFe. It somehow feels a nicer ride, more responsive and smoother.

The cheaper price of the Evo 2 can’t be ignored, but if I was buying again I’d pay the extra and go for the Cotic.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bfe or 456 evo 2’ is closed to new replies.