Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bfe – new build
  • torihada
    Free Member

I’m bored: was in the middle of building this up this evening when I got an alarm call for work. So I posted this as I standing waiting for an alarm engineer and nothing better to do.

Scapegoat

POIDH

torihada
    Free Member

[/url] Bfe by butahada, on Flickr[/img]

finally managed to post image. What’s going on this HT? Bits ripped from old alu HT & broken up FS:

U-turn Lyriks
    Bonty TLR wheels
    Race Face Atlas bars
    Saint levers & XT calipers
    Reverb Post
    Dynasys SLX double & bash (22/34)
    Various bits from SS

Hopefully finish it after work tonight for ride tomorrow am.

torihada
    Free Member

[/url] Untitled by butahada, on Flickr[/img]

This is a small: I’m 5’9″. It feels compact and therefore nimble. Though with a 45mm stem the cockpit is a tad cramped. Result: I snapped the remote switch for my reverb today. I caught it in my shorts on a steep climb. Doh!

On the climbs I’m obviously quite upright, chin down to keep the front wheel down, but on the descents it feels great. Really in control and makes you look out for stuff to launch off. Did 18 miles XC on it today, it was fine but it’ll come into its own on the freeride/trail centre days.

ska-49
    Free Member

Nice build! Looks like fun.
    Might want some bar end caps for the gnarcore stuff.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Looks great!
    I’m thinking of a small, be great if you could measure the stand over at the centre of the top tube for me 🙂

torihada
    Free Member

ska-49 – Member

Nice build! Looks like fun.
    Might want some bar end caps for the gnarcore stuff.

Lost the caps doing gnarly stuff, or rather crashing on the gnarly stuff. Given what I’m gonna do on it I would expect more of the same.

nmdbasetherevenge – Member

Looks great!
    I’m thinking of a small, be great if you could measure the stand over at the centre of the top tube for me

70 cm. That’s with 160mm forks on it.

torihada
    Free Member

Oops. Standover: make that 80 cm. middle of TT to ground.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Looks great but sort that Maxle lever, it’s all hanging out like a burger in a slippery bun 😉

torihada
    Free Member

Yep. Found the hex head inside the lever today and now it’s as tight as a gnats chuff.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Cheers Herman, looks great fun 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bfe – new build’ is closed to new replies.