Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bfe Gearing issues
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Hey.
    Need a bit of help with shimano Xt gearing issue on my Bfe
    So last week i snapped the Rear mech hanger off when a stick got caught in my my Derailleur.

Bought a replacement and refitted the derailleur and since then the gear haven’t been able to get the gears set up right.

They do settle into the cassette but anytime I have to put my foot down they start to slip and jump.

So the questions is, is this a problem with the derailleur or the new mech hanger as its really getting on my tats.

Cheers

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Is the derailleur bent?
    Is the new hanger straight? (Not at all unusual for them to be bent once they are all fitted and clamped up with the rear wheel, get a jig on there)

Mooly
    Free Member

I think it must be the derailleur that’s bent. Pretty sure the hanger is straight.

Freester

OK.

Is your replacement mech definitely the same as the one you broke – i.e. is it 9/10/11? My mate had a problem and it turns our he’d fitted a 10 speed to a nine speed shifter and mech.

The mech hanger is most likely bent. How have you checked? Visually isn’t a great check. You need a mech hanger alignment tool to judge this properly.

I used one a couple of times and was amazed at the difference it made to a ‘visually straight’ hanger.

Tried all of the above? Upper and lower stops set correctly? Cable grip done up tight? No crap inbetween the cables and outers?

Mooly
    Free Member

Maybe i have got the wrong are mech hanger. How would i know?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bfe Gearing issues’ is closed to new replies.