Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bewts-y-Coed advice please
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Planning three days or riding around there. What spots would you hit? THinking of maybe dragging the bikes up Snowdon just for the been there, done that factor.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

you could do the marin trail , but when you cross the road near to the final section head left, takes you up tp lyn crafnant ,follow the road up to blan y nant and take the bridleway over the hill – takes you back into betswy

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers, I think Marin is one that people are thinking of doing. We don’t mind a bit of travelling.

steveh

Penmachno is definitely worth doing too, only 10 mins from Betws. Start the marin trail from the trail head near llanrwst for the best ride as you finish on a cracking descent.

Snowdon is worth it if the weather looks ok and there’s not smuch snow up top.

You can get to Llandegla, Coed Y brenin and nant yr arian fairly quickly as well, might be worth linking in one of those depending where you’re heading from.

Kevevs
    Free Member

[*]http://www.nwmba.org.uk/pages/riding.html[/*]
    [*]http://www.mbnw.co.uk/routes.html[/*]

timothecimmerian

We stayed in Bewts last October for a couple of nights and did Llandegla (on the drive up), Marin, Penmachno and finally Snowdon on the Monday after the ban had lifted! Furthest we had to travel was Snowdon, which was about 25-30 mins IIRC from Bewts.

Cracking weekend and a good mix of trails. Penmachno (loops 1&2) was our favourite trail in terms of pure enjoyment, but Snowdon was awesome in the “big mountain” experience sense.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

There is a curry house in llanewyst. Pubs in bewts shut at 9:30

summittoppler
    Free Member

There’s plenty of local knowledge on
    http://www.mbnw.co.uk/

depth-junkie
    Free Member

I live about 40mins from Betws Y Coed ( its not spelt Bewts Y Coed 🙄 ) If me and my m8’s have 2-3days of back to back riding we do sum ut like this:-

Panmachno loops 1 & 2 (20miles riding), Then go over to Coed Y Brenin the next day and do both the MBR route and also Tarw route back to back (about 40k of the best single track going IMHO)

would possibly do the Marin if the weathers good on the last day(great views) but if its pants i would not bother. As the marin is ok for a ride out but compared to the others its a bit underwhelming, but does offer great views on a clear day. Or go to Llandegla on the last day, folk seem to slag it off but the new black and red routes are great fun if ridden fast enough and combine the 2trails and you have 24 or so miles of great single track, and the shop and cafe is top notch. and its only 5mins from my house 😆

Dont know where you normaly ride, but be prepaired for rough rocky trails in North Wales.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys, and the local knowledge. Normally ride in the peaks on natural stuff so big and rocky isn’t an issue.

takisawa2

Nice grub at that pub next to the river, on the lane to the Marin start. It would be a fair old jaunt down to Nant-y-Arian from Betws-y, an hours drive I reckon. The MachX, nr Machynlleth is worth stopping off at, if near.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bewts-y-Coed advice please’ is closed to new replies.