Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 142 total)
  • Beware, this game will destroy your day…
  • Bregante

Maybe just one more go…

CaptJon
    Free Member

1024 and 14,088 top score

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

nearly there, the trick is to work methodically from one side to the other and always making sure the numbers from the side you’re working from always stay in ascending order.
    I broke formation at the end trying to link the 256’s and blew it.
    Not sure I can be arsed with it again, tonight.
    If you decide to work from the side I worked from, never press the left arrow or you’ll lose.

Kip

I hate you!

gobuchul
    Free Member

I can get past the 512 tile and a score of about 6000.

This despite many,many tries.

Am I thick?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Like Banana says, it’s about getting one row with your big numbers in ascending order, and adding to that.

My problem is i’m seeing pairs everywhere i look when not playing the game. “Yeah, two bananas, better slide those together to make four.”

stuartie_c
    Free Member

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

So close.

I had the bottom row lined up perfectly with 1024, 512, 256, 128 in descending order. Above that I had the 64 and the 32 in the perfect positions (64 sitting above 128, 32 next to 64). All I had to do was make another 32 and I was home and dry.

FATAL error was to move the tiles left thus allowing a **** 2 into the third row above the 128. Cue rapid and terminal decline.

I need to go outside now…

spacehopper

i used a similar method to the above..

keeping all the biggest numbers on the bottom row.. and the biggest number always in the bottom left corner and adding towards that..

so if you have a 1024 tile in the bottom left.. the next along will aim to be a 512.. then aim to build another 512 next to that by building 2 256’s it really helps keep free space to keep it sequential like that..

and then never pressing the up key.. press the up key even once and its game over pretty much. (though i did use it right at the end)

in my system it also helps majorly to keep the bottom row full at ALL times.. this helps keep the big number in the bottom left..

its especially tricky to get rid of a number when you’ve got say a 512 or 1024 tile in there as it uses up a valuable free space from the rest of the board And it makes the row above essentially become your ‘bottom adding row’ losing you even more space.

and if all that made any sense… 😀 😯

stuartie_c
    Free Member

My method exactly, spacehopper.

Build the bottom row, L to R in descending order with the row above R to L in descending order. And NEVER press the up key.

Good lesson on game-playing heuristics for my Advanced Higher Computing class tomorrow…

chvck
    Free Member

Just tried this method, kept the furthest right in ascending order and tried to keep it full at all times. Didn’t press the left key once and also tried to keep any full columns in roughly ascending order also.

thehustler
    Free Member

1024, 15556

CaptJon
    Free Member

And the crowd goes wild!

chewkw
    Free Member

^^^ bar-stewart beat me to it first I shall now have to beat you with higher score and the 2048. 😡

martinhutch

Got to about 13000 with 1024 and a few other big numbers before I blew it 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Dammit! So close yet so far … arrghhhh!!!

Score 20,408 but biggest tile is still 1024. 😡

bearnecessities

I love this game; no better than 11k ish, but it’s very enjoyable!

tomkerton
    Free Member

I too am lovin this game. Thanks OP!

I am a regular 1024er but can’t crack the big un!

podman
    Free Member

20,868 and 2,048 😀

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

YAAASSSSS I WON. But now I hate myself because I spent so much time on it!

Jamie
    Free Member

100!

chewkw
    Free Member

Dammit! I still trying … 😡

lightman
    Free Member

Finally,now I can forget all about this game!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Way to much spent spent on this over the weekend. Figured out a system fairly quickly but kept making silly mistakes when I wasnt thinking. Glad its over 😛

lilchris
    Free Member

Finally,now I can forget all about this game!

Good luck 😆

My problem is i’m seeing pairs everywhere i look when not playing the game. “Yeah, two bananas, better slide those together to make four.”

Er, this!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

After trying all weekend, I had just one more go last night just before turning the light off. Did it ! No method involved with me.

It’s nice to have my life back for the start of the week.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Nailed it!

Cougar

I looked at this, and my first thought was “assuming you have an optimal solution, it’ll still take bloody ages.”

http://ov3y.github.io/2048-AI

Seems I wasn’t wrong. There’s a bit of preamble to the above link here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22342854/what-is-the-optimal-algorithm-for-the-game-2048

(apologies if this has been posted previously, I’ve not read the full thread).

rene59
    Free Member

Anyone clicking on keep going and trying for 4096?

AlexSimon

Cougar – that’s like going in to a Game of Thrones thread and saying which major characters are going to die!

Edit: I didn’t even notice the ‘keep going’ button.
    Might have to try that – although it’ll take about 40mins per game!

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s, kinda, fun is backing the AI into a corner with only one tile space to work with and watching it calmy back itself out of that corner.

emsz
    Free Member

5999 and best tile was 512.

Cool little game

dooosuk
    Free Member

I carried on…got a bit bored and ended up with:

I hit 2048 with a score of 20,xxx.

SamB
    Free Member

Hit the 2048 tile with a score of 20316. Thank god, I can get back to work 😀

alpin
    Free Member

warton – Member

addictive

get to 2048..

i hate you.
    all i see at night is numbers in squares….. aaarrrgghhh

i need help.

chewkw
    Free Member

arrgghhhh … 17,056 with biggest tile 1,024 …

So close yet so far and two or three more maneuvers I would have won. Damn!!!!

cheviots
    Free Member

Yes! 21096 and the much vaunted 2048 tile.
    Sorry it’s taken so long!
    Back to work/life now.

spacehopper

just when you thought it couldnt get any geekier..

2048… DOCTOR WHO EDITION!!

furthest ive been so far is a david tennant.. a paul mcgann and a couple of tom bakers.. 🙄

redthunder
    Free Member

Thats quite good 🙂

When will the Flappy or Nyan Cat version be out ?

AlexSimon

hmmm – never got a tennant – lots of annoying mcganns (who I don’t even think I ever saw as the dr) and even more annoying Sylvester McCoys

whatnobeer
    Free Member

One David Tennant, an and Eccelstone over here. That’s quite a bit more difficult unless you can remember the order the tiles progress as. I kept getting Tom Bakers when I was expecting someone else.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘Beware, this game will destroy your day…’ is closed to new replies.