Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Beware the East London fixie freaks (long dull post warning)
  • epicyclo

BTW it is an entertaining post, definitely not a

long dull post

blades2000
    Free Member

Excellent 😆

StuF

absolute genius! put a smile on my face. 😆

Haze

Funny, not sure of the relevance of her drivetrain though 😉

sputnik
    Free Member

nicko74 – Member
    Love it. But, and I can't stress this enough, THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

(of the female rider)

Just for you…

ampthill

She forgot her ipod!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Haze – Member
    Funny, not sure of the relevance of her drivetrain though

The rise of the oh-so-achingly-"on trend"-fixie rider has spawned a terror on London's streets. That terror is people who are not experienced (or sensible) cyclists, riding bikes which handle like pigs on stilts and which (because it is oh so achingly fashionable) have no brakes. As such, these twunts are unable to control their bikes and are causing many accidents.

But still, they are all sooooo very fashionable and are sooooo very "at one with their pure, essence of bike" fixies.

Twunts.

nicko74

Yup – one of the biggest arguments for not riding a fixie now is all the other twunts riding them…

And that was her ossifer, I'd recognise them anywhere!!

deluded
    Free Member

Nonsense, hilarious – do your IRB's read this good? 😆 "Your Honour, it happened like this … "

jhw
    Free Member

I wasn't able to glean from your post whether you were in fact blocking the cyclist's route?

Sorry, I'm probably going to get shot down by this given the response you've had so far, but I'm surprised that you post a rant about "bloody cyclists", when you were driving…on a cyclists forum.

I can see where you're coming from, but you're on a cycling forum…right? I mean I'm bemused that you posted this here, but I'm really disturbed that more people haven't asked you more questions (why were you driving to work in central London anyway? Again, this is a cycling forum!) before rounding on the cyclist?

Also, I know from personal experience that the police in Shoreditch are really anti-cyclist, they're quite threatening to cyclists verbally, and don't pursue investigations of potentially criminal conduct even when there's quite compelling evidence, taking the driver's word against that of the cyclist where it's his word against theirs. Sort it out.

PJM1974
    Free Member

*grins*

I regularly commute across SE London – on a Marin Rock Springs if you please and for the most part other cyclists are fine.

The most irritating breed are the fixie riders who hold you up and then pass you at a red light once you've overtaken them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jhw – Do you know, some people who ride bikes also drive cars. Sometimes they even need to do so.

How's the view from up there on your high horse?

Nonsense
    Free Member

jhw – a few things.

1. I don't work in Shoreditch so it wasn't me guv'nor. I'm usually very nice and very pro cyclist (hence me being on a cycling forum).

2. You clearly haven't read the post properly. I was stationary in traffic, having left a gap for vehicles coming out of a NO ENTRY on my left. So no I wasn't blocking anyone, especially people doing an illegal right turn from the opposite direction.

3. I live about 35 miles away from my place of work so it's quite a long bike ride home up the M11. Especially after a 10 hour night shift. I didn't realise I'm not allowed to drive cars because I visit bike related websites?

Sort what out? The actions of people I don't know and have never met? Or am I missing something? If you have an issue with the way you have been dealt with by an officer, I suggest you make a formal complaint. They won't change otherwise. I don't think you're directing your anger at the right person.

Deluded – I don't do IRB's anymore I'm on WBA 😉

deluded
    Free Member

CFH, think jhw just got a downer on police at this time. See his post about getting tugged by a rude PC for injudicious use of buuny-hop! A heinous offence punishable with three months imprisonment.

jhw
    Free Member

OK OK I digress, I normally have zero sympathy/time for car users in central London at rush hour and to see one on a cycling forum complaining about cyclists seemed a bit much, although clearly there was no fault on the driver's part in these circumstances.

Well this seems like a good place to try and sell this! 😉

At least the valves line up with the tyre logos

Nonsense
    Free Member

jhw – just for the record I frequently ride in central London and I agree entirely. I could give numerous examples when I've had a quiet word in the ear of some drivers. Including a police officer I might add.

jhw
    Free Member

Nice! OK, hope the dent gets sorted out

Haze

Well this seems like a good place to try and sell this

How much for the Brooks?!

mmccarthy
    Free Member

jhw – I see crap cyclists everyday in London, should I not complain about them because i'm a cyclist? By the same logic, would it be fine for car drivers to stick up for each other just because they all drive cars?

There are shit cyclists as well as shit drivers, I think you need to realise that.

ski
    Free Member

Made me smile, thanks for posting.

Lets hope she has learnt her lesson, before she becomes another red/blue statistic!

rootes1

apart from proper couriers there are not *that* many fakengers on commutes, see themmore at weekend.

I have a single speed road bike run it freewheel, but it has mudguards and brakes – it is an great bike.

funny anti hipster/fixi vid here from MC Spandex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4

D0NK

I doubt that bird on carnaby st has managed to fit cleats to those shoes 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was driving into work the other day after picking my car up from the bodyshop fresh from a nice shiny new paint job.

Immediate loss of sympathy.

*Reads the rest*

Nope. No change. 😛

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-many-of-you-have-been-hit-by-a-car-when-youve-been-on-your-bike

Bugger off to a mobile lounge-driver's forum and don't come back.

wwaswas

Is this you 'calming it down a bit' Mr Woppit?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

No.

wwaswas

ah well, I'm sure the bile will find a more constructive outlet one day.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That's nice for you. Can I interest you in a baby-wipe?

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

Way to spoil a sub-culture, im glad mountain biking is not fashionable. I feel sorry for all the proper fixie cyclists that have to carry the can for a bunch of numpties who got into it because they cant skate or ride properly.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

"Yeah – oughta be a law. It's not like it used to be. Bl**dy newcomers, spoiling the niche for the half-dozen original REAL single-speeders. They don't even wear the proper clothes not like wot WE used to do…"

Feh. Grow up.

Jamie
    Free Member

im glad mountain biking is not fashionable

It's not? Aww nuts!

*looks for new hobby*

nicko74

apart from proper couriers there are not *that* many fakengers on commutes

er… define *that*. There are heaps of them, riding round in jeans, hanging around Soho in the evenings. You can tell by a) how **** clean their bikes are and b) their general poncey air that they're not couriers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

and c) their inability to control a fixed wheel bike without brakes.

Stoner
    Free Member

and d) all their phoney alley-cat cards in the spokes.

aracer
    Free Member

I doubt that bird on carnaby st has managed to fit cleats to those shoes

I hadn't even noticed her shoes.

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

Grow up – ha. Id rather not.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Just spotted this, thread of the week.. or at least it would be if the video were included 😀

Think I spotted her in Brick Lane the other day:

pastcaring
    Free Member

funny, thanks

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Beware the East London fixie freaks (long dull post warning)’ is closed to new replies.