Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • BEWARE iOS 10 update – now phone doesn't connect with car stereos
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Anyone else had this ? Still connects with bluetooth, but plugging into USB I now get an error message. Same on wife’s car. So if you use this (and I do a lot, as the battery life using bluetooth is rubbish), beware.

Drac

Fine with my VW and works Ford.

Isn’t it some BMWs?

flap_jack
    Free Member

Aftermarket Kenwood in mine, aftermarket Pioneer in wife’s. Both stereos about 18 months old…

The BMW issue is, I believe, bluetooth. Mine works fine on bluetooth, it’s the lightning / USB connector that’s the problem.

Can’t see a fix on the internet…

flap_jack
    Free Member

Thanks, Drac.

Fix for me seems to be enabling cellular data on the ‘Music’ app. WTF ? I don’t ever use Apple music. So they’re forcing you to accept more rubbish (like that U2 stuff) you don’t want. Grr.

Drac

Music is just their music player but you can also buy from or subscribe to it.

CountZero

I use my iP6+ with iOS 10 as my satnav, and where possible I use the USB connection that many cars come with, and so far I’ve not had any issues connecting through any car entertainment systems; I don’t use BT connections though, too much phaff having to try to pair with several different cars every day.

Clink

Since the update my iPhone has stopped connecting to Sync in my Ford, it’s bloody annoying. Anyone found a fix?

legend
    Free Member

Not had to look for a fix as mine’s still working fine

Drac

Nope 6+ and 6 work fine with work one.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It’s what I hated about apple.

Control

Drac

What control is that?

oink1
    Free Member

6+ working fine in the Mini but I too plug it in rather than using bluetooth for moozak! 😀

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Bluetooth and a USB working OK for my aftermarket Kenwood.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘BEWARE iOS 10 update – now phone doesn't connect with car stereos’ is closed to new replies.