Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Betws y coed b&b recommendations for a family
  • teddy
    Free Member

Thinking of heading over there with the kids, any advice for a nice place to stay within walking distance from the centre?
    Thanks. Teddy

thebatesbristol
    Free Member

To be honest, I don’t think so, unless the forestry commission has some form of cabin or campsite as part of their holiday division.

We stayed on the Barmouth estruary, near to Dolgellau. There’s a great Sustrans traffic free route along an old railway line if you wanted to do that. it’s about 7 miles from CyrB. There are some villages nearer but none have pubs, or facilities.

alternatively, you could stay up nearer to Betwsy Coed, lots to do for families but a bit of an outdoor factory outlet.

I had been looking more towards Llanberis for a family stay. it’s at the foot of Snowdon, lots of cafes, pubs, steam train and family stuff. plus still near to CyrB. There’s another route around Capel Curig that’s also worth checking out if you wanted to get off the McTrails.

ElShalimo

Teddy – There are lots of B&Bs in Betws, just look on TripAdvisor and filter on suitable for families.

Betws may be full of outdoor shops but it is a lot nicer than Llanberis (I’ve been going to North Wales for nearly 40 years and it’s still a miserable place even on a sunny day). Betws has lots of nice coffee shops, some good places to eat and some nice art/gift shops. Llanberis is by comparison, a great place for a kebab and a £2 poncho.
    By the way, neither of these towns are “near” Coed-y-Brenin.

cyclingmev
    Free Member

Bit along the A5 + a long shot, but don’t know if you can hire out family rooms at Plas y Brenin if you’re not on a course?

DaveRambo

I’ve stayed at the Courthouse before and it was very nice – rooms were fine and the breakfast was good from what I remember.

It’s where I’d stay if/when I go again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Betws y coed b&b recommendations for a family’ is closed to new replies.