Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Betws-Y-Coed
  • Hornet600
    Free Member

Help!

We have got 12 lads on a classic MTBer weekend in Betws-Y-Coed in a couple of weeks time and were on the search for routes and garmin crs files.
    We are looking to ride the Marin trail Friday afternoon, classic MBR killer route around Capel Cruig and a blast around Penmachno on the Sunday morning.
    The Killer MBR route is from the Summer 2009 edition, has anybody ridden it and got a garmin crs / gpx file? From the youth hostel?

Any help or suggestion of routes in the area would be great.

thefirstpancake
    Free Member

If the Capel Curig route you're looking at is the one MBR call 'Carneddau', be aware that it involves a lot of pushing, and finding your way through boggy areas where the path on the map is not there on the ground. The descents round the side of the reservoir and off the hill back into capel curig are really good, super-technical stuff. The were too hard for me so I ended up doing a lot of walking, both up and down. Beautiful views though.

RZASKAR
    Free Member

Ah there is a good way to bypass the boggy bits. We always start from Crafnant as well and do it the opposite way round as it seems a much sweeter way to do it.
    Ill try and dig out the memory map file is you let me know your email addy.
    Any more info then just ask on our North Wales based forum at http://www.mbnw.co.uk more local knowledge than you can shake a stick at 🙂

Hornet600
    Free Member

Thanks for the help

Hornet600
    Free Member

Meant to say, I have checked MBR and it is the hard route 'Carneddau'.
    Good site btw.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Betws-Y-Coed’ is closed to new replies.