Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Betws, Capel Curig – is this a bunkhousey thing ??
  • scaredypants

here, centre of map I hope

My Mrs is going climbing (yeah, wrong forum but I reckon it may be used by bikers, so …)
    SHe's staying somewhere whose directions sound like this building. DOes anyone know if that's likely, and what the place is called ? postcode would be nice 😉 )

oldgit
    Free Member

That's not showing much detail. The only bunkhouses I know there are the two owned by the North London Moutaineering Club, just as you enter Capel.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Plas y brenin? http://www.pyb.co.uk/

On the same road.

scaredypants

I don't think she's going to plas y brenin itself

oldgit – you can zoom in !

oldgit
    Free Member

No the two I know are on the A5. Going out of Capel towards Betws. Look at the second path on the left, looks like a lay by, that's where they are.

tazzymtb

I know the bunk house, looks like the north london MC huts, they hire one out, we used to use it with keele uni climbers, and there is a good boozer just down the hill.

scaredypants

Thanks all – but Tazzy, I don't think it is that one, their website links to one that's on the A5 (prob the same as oldgit linked)

This is past Betws to Capel, then left turn and along the road to Llanberis

phiiiiil

I've stayed in the cottage at the end of the track that goes south west over the river in that patch of trees a few years ago, could it be that? I seem to remember it was quite big…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Betws, Capel Curig – is this a bunkhousey thing ??’ is closed to new replies.