Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Better to split bike or sell built up?
  • gazerath
    Free Member

I never really know which is better to do, got a giant anthem to sell but wondering will I make more money splitting it or selling as a whole bike.

Is anyone buying 26er now? Since going back to a hard tail I’ve not touched it for months.

Thanks

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Spliiting seems the way to go ( on here at least)
    Ebay may be easier as a full bike?

totalshell

NO body has 26 inch wheels anymore.. leave it against a lampost and hope someone has away with it

momo

Splitting is generally the way to go, although I think it depends on the spec, postage costs can quickly eat up the revenue from all the finishing kit and components if they’re not branded/desireable.

tonyd

If it’s a stock anthem I’d probably just put the whole bike up for sale, here/pinkbike and then ebay as a last resort. If you have decent kit on there that folks might want then split. Check the classifieds for what is selling and for what kind of prices.

As above, also consider postage costs, ebay, and paypal fees. Postage is eye wateringly expensive depending who you send with and at what cover. It cost me over £15 to send a kids balance bike last week via PW48 but I couldn’t justify charging someone that so lost a couple of quid.

If you can get someone to collect then cheaper all round and the buyer can inspect first. If you have to use ebay/paypal then you can kiss goodbye to at least 10% of the sale price, although things seem to go for silly money on there at the moment so that might be covered.

Oh, and splitting can be a pain in the arse as you’re constantly going to the post office (or in my case the wife is!).

jambalaya
    Free Member

I agree with@tony, if it’s a stock Anthem sell it as a whole bike. As for 26 that’s the only wheel size I am interested in

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Better to split bike or sell built up?’ is closed to new replies.