Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Better Jones bars.
  • Retrodirect
    Free Member

I’ve not seen anyone else using these. I really like them and just wanted to share as I know there are other wierdo-bar fans on here. Surly Moloko

740mm wide, they don’t rotate in the stem upon hard landings and you don’t have to have a silly length stem to use them.

Crap photos though

trail_rat
    Free Member

my jones dont rotate on hard landings though , …. that fact they are 20mm wider makes them better ?

rOcKeTdOg

my jones dont rotate on hard landings though

You need to land harder 😉

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Mine did, I had to way overtorque the stem bolts to stop it from happening. My hands in the rearmost position were way behind the stem clamp and the moment caused from landing drops kept shifting them.

tazzymtb

My wide carbon loops don’t move under hard landings and don’t weigh nearly 0.8kg for a set of bars 🙂 the moloko look interesting but mentally expensive for some heavy gaspipe

Little bit of carbon grip paste, even on alloy loops and no need to over torque any stem bolts at all

duncanicook
    Free Member

That tape is great for weeping callouses (callis???)

trail_rat
    Free Member

newp mine dont …. but i have broken 2 sets of carbon forks.

perhaps your stem is out of tollerance .

ton

my jones bars have never moved in the stem……..and i have owned lots of jones bars.

scotroutes

they don’t rotate in the stem upon hard landings

Not a thing. Are you sure you’re capable of building a bike? Maybe you should take it to a decent shop.

shermer75
    Free Member

How are you finding them to ride?

timbur
    Free Member

Wow, they are giving the old Titec H Bars a run for the Ugly Cup competition. Saying that I think Jeff has released some new ones that are contenders as well.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve seen one set of the Moloko bars “in the wild”, the guy seemed happy enough with them.

Not had my Jones bars move and they weigh under 300g not nearly 800g!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Just noticed the large spacer at the crown of the fork, is this a feature or the more recent models?

800g for a bar? No thanks!)

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Are you sure you’re capable of building a bike?

hah, yowch. The wrath of STW.

They give you a bit more of an elbows out position than the Jones bars which I’ve been getting on better with in the rough stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

All while weighing as much as a small sun ?

joshvegas
    Free Member

That bar weighs as much as you do Retrodirect.

😆

timbur
    Free Member

FTC- Jeff recommends a 1.5mm spacer there iirc.
    Need to go check the build sheet to be 100% sure

seosamh77
    Free Member

what’s the point of those daft looking forks? do they have a suspension effect?

montgomery
    Free Member

As a long term Mary bar user, mainly into bikepacking, those bars look interesting – but not at that weight and price.

AlasdairMc

seosamh77 – the opposite. They’re very stiff so don’t flutter at all under braking.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Better Jones bars.’ is closed to new replies.