Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • "Better Call Saul", episode 9….
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

It took me a moment or two to figure out why the slightly crazy, psychotic new character in tonight’s episode looked so familiar 🙂

Class!

seosamh77
    Free Member

who?

cracking episode btw. I may be a week ahead! 🙂

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Trevor?

Drac

Firing it up now.

Drac

Hahahaha! Nice touch.

GTA V did tip it’s hat to Breaking Bad I guess this is their tribute back.

boxelder

Never done GTA at all – was it the gobster with all the guns?

BoardinBob

Yes

Drac

The nervous guy with the glasses seemed to hint at being Lester. Sadly long days at work meant I noded off after about 1/2 an hour so no idea if anyone else appeared.

sadexpunk

read the other thread about this programme so i was excited to watch it, but so far im not feeling the love. really liked BB, but this just seems boring so far. just finished ep 5 and keep waiting for it to get going.
    everyone else seems to love it tho, so ill stick with it…..

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have missed Breaking Bad, and I’m not very likely to watch it. Is Better Call Saul going to be a waste of my time, or still worth a watch?

peterfile
    Free Member

I immediately thought “Trevor!” when that guy came on screen and then thought it absolutely had to be him 🙂

Nice touch!

I have missed Breaking Bad, and I’m not very likely to watch it. Is Better Call Saul going to be a waste of my time, or still worth a watch?

BB is better, and if you’re not interested in watching that then BCS will probably not be up your street either. It’s the same crowd.

That said, you can definitely watch BCS without having seen BB since it is a few of the characters stories pre BB.

beej

I think they’ve done a great job with the series – I was expecting a slightly jokey light hearted set of standalone style episodes. What they’ve produced is a slow burn of character development with just enough to keep you interested until you’re drawn in. I think this week’s episode probably had the tipping point to turn Jimmy into Saul.

Mike story is great too.

martinh
    Free Member

Its easy to forget that it took BB about three series to get going. BCS is finding its feet pretty quick.

BoardinBob

you can definitely watch BCS without having seen BB since it is a few of the characters stories pre BB.

You can, but I think it’s better as a companion piece. Even the opening couple of minutes of episode 1 would make absolutely no sense if you hadn’t see BB, plus the various characters that have popped up along with the unanswered questions that are developing already. It would be interesting to hear from any non BB viewers that are watching BCS as a stand-alone

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hmmm. I shall perhaps manage to persuade MrsDummy to watch BB first. Thanks!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

well im absolutely loving it. i didnt twig them last night but love the GTA references now they’ve been pointed out, i love Jonathan Banks’ work and i love that David St. Hubbins is in it too. i also love the soundtrack* cracking tele.

*Milestones’ by Shook when the two skater dudes were chasing that hit-n-run lady in the first episode is now no1 in my 25 most played playlist!

binners

I think its been absolutely bloody brilliant! This last one was superb. And its changed completely in the last couple of episodes. The first ones were a bit jokey, light hearted and daft, with the scams, and whatnot. But thats completely gone now, and you’re getting proper character development. And it definitely gets you on his side.

Loving the slow-burning Mike backstory too!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Drac
    The nervous guy with the glasses seemed to hint at being Lester. Sadly long days at work meant I noded off after about 1/2 an hour so no idea if anyone else appeared.

Hmm, yeah, think you’re right there Drac!

crankrider
    Free Member

Just getting to the end of Breaking Bad on Netflix now and started Saul, seriously good entertainment…

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’ve also just realised that the camera angle shown when Trevor walks into scene is designed to replicate the 3rd person view that GTA uses! Have a look and you’ll see….

seosamh77
    Free Member

binners – Member
    I think its been absolutely bloody brilliant! This last one was superb. And its changed completely in the last couple of episodes. The first ones were a bit jokey, light hearted and daft, with the scams, and whatnot. But thats completely gone now, and you’re getting proper character development. And it definitely gets you on his side.

Loving the slow-burning Mike backstory too!I’m with this, I don’t see this as slow at all, it’s just building the stories for the future. I’m engrossed in it.

Last nights in particular was brilliant, we just seen the conception of Saul! 🙂 And mike’s in the game now! 🙂

Drac

Hmm, yeah, think you’re right there Drac!

I’m just catching up where I left off last night and I’m certain it is.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Just caught up with this episode – I thought there was something funny about that guy, no idea how I did not catch on he was/is Trevor.

Someone on the Guardian site mentioned that when he arrives it’s exactly like 3rd person view in GTA so I’ll need to watch it again.

squirrelking
    Free Member

*Milestones’ by Shook

Good call. Didn’t realise it was actual music as opposed to soundtrack.

Damn never playing GTA V, only a few more days to go!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘"Better Call Saul", episode 9….’ is closed to new replies.