Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Betd MAX bearing kits Vs SKF
  • Olly
    Free Member

looking at getting some bearings for my trance, i have followed the usual, ebay, simplybearings.co.uk, etc.

basicly its 8 quid a bearing for SKF full compliment bearings.

then i notice, betd bearing kits, using full compliment bearings, are 40 quid a set (10 bearings on the trance)

are they as good? noticebly worse?

i only NEED to change 4 of the 10 bearings, but for the sake of a few quid could do the lot/have some ready for when the others go.

info appreciated!

Olly
    Free Member

bump

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I went for SKF in my hubs on the recommendation of the manufacturer (Maverick) as he said they are pretty much as good as it gets. He did recommend popping a seal out and packing them full of grease as they are usually only lightly lubricated.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Knowing how good the SKF bottom brackets are I'd pick them. Just replace the ones that need it, and clean and grease the others.

Olly
    Free Member

skf it is then.
    was gonna buy them today, but ill check the bike properly this evening, determine which need doing and which dont, and then purchase accordingly i thinks.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Found the betd bearings pretty good (made by Enduro – google them) tho cant say how they compare against SKF who are one the largest bearing manufacturers in the world. SKF may be speccing a higher grade of ball bearing??

gamo
    Free Member

Engineer mate of mine said enduro(betd) are good but the skf are better,when i replaced mine went skf on all linkage pivots and enduro
    for the main pivot(cove hustler with 4 bearings in the main pivot!).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Betd MAX bearing kits Vs SKF’ is closed to new replies.