Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Betd enduro linkage. Worth a punt.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Thinking about sticking one on my 2004 enduro. Am I right in thinking that by upping the rear travel this would adjust the head and slightly allowing a longer travel fork.?

jhw
    Free Member

I don’t know details, but I put one on my old 1998 FSR back in the day and it improved it significantly. Might put more pressure on the shock though.

The main advantage is it’s better made than the Specialized linkage (the linkage on my 2003 Enduro actually snapped). Much more robust and stiff.

Random
    Free Member

These – £118 seems a lot to spend upgrading an old frame.
    Original geometry here. Given the current fashion for slacker head angles, could you fit a longer fork anyway, within reason.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The frame is old but it’s mint, as in ridden for one summer and stuffed in a garage for five years + mint.
    Does the fact that it’s an old frame make the thing un-ridable or any less capable as a “modern” full sus.? Dressed in new bits its a perfectly serviceable bit of kit that with a bit of tlc should keep going for a few summers more.

The other option is to spooge £1000 (ish) on a new bouncy frame.

wwaswas

other option is to spooge £1000 (ish) on a new bouncy frame.

there was someone pushing an Elsworth Epiphany for £500 on the classifieds. sellign the spec + the BETD money might get you close to that?

lots has changed in shock technology as much as anything the past few years – a newer frame might give a significantly better ride?

bigyinn
    Free Member

My 2004 Enduro Pro is still regularly ridden and has fairly up to date kit on it. Still rides well, oddly enough.

joblessmonkeyboy
    Free Member

Hi,

I had the linkage kit on mine a few years ago and it changed the bike!! really good bit of kit as well. Gives the back end a much more planted feel over rough stuff and you can still flick the lever for the shorter travel option. I also sold the linkage separately when i sold the frame and got 75% of the value back, so it work out great for me ;-). The frame was amazing in its day and i still think its more than capable today.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the linkages somewhere but never got round to trying it on ’04 Enduro yet. Must add it to the to-do list.

Random
    Free Member

I’ve been out on my 04 Enduro tonight (my one and only mountain bike and still going stong after 7.5 years). I’ll happily retract my earlier comments as they set me thinking I’d now be tempted by the upgrade myself if I was planning an Alps trip.

Totally agree that these bikes still compare well to today’s. They are lighter than they look and were leading edge at the time. Nothing major has changed. Incredible how few you see out and about considering their popularity back then.

nickjb
    Free Member

I still ride an ’05 stumpy and the mrs has my old ’98 FSR ground control with a BETD linkage. Both bikes ride well. Spesh haven’t changed that much

kwack
    Free Member

Had one on my old Spec frame, which has been mothballed for the son when he grows up.

Happy to sell the BETD linkage separately if any interest

LoCo
    Free Member

Slight increase in leverage ratio with more travel, so would need a little more air pressure also the lower spacer/bush may wear a bit quicker.

Random
    Free Member

also the lower spacer/bush may wear a bit quicker.

So I’m sure BETD would recommend upgrading these to their own products!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Betd enduro linkage. Worth a punt.?’ is closed to new replies.