Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • BETD : Chris King ISO 15mm BT Axle Kit
  • the_lecht_rocks

anyone got one ? if so, is it a simple push fit and bearing pre-tension like the 9mm axle it replaces ?

spoke to BETD but got a slightly vague response, as the 15mm BT is 110mm long compared to the 9mm QR being 100mm long ????

TIA

Daffy

Lecht – I’m in the same boat….need a QR>15mm kit and cant find a CK one anywhere.

I’ve just had a 20>15mm axle from stif and that fits just fine…I’m really struggling to convert my QR wheels.

the_lecht_rocks

betd do it, just don’t understand how daffy…

the_lecht_rocks

ordered – will report back upon receipt / fitment

Daffy

You just beat me to it! The website has finally come back up. Can you post up some photos when you get it lecht?

the_lecht_rocks

no sweat

Hadge
    Free Member

You remove the existing CK end caps and slide the new BETD axle unit in. The CK caps may require a slight tap to remove them so if you going to save them be careful ok. I’m pretty sure that’s all there is to it 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

plug and play – direct copy of the CK 9mm axle, with bigger hole and offset 🙂

betd £50 included next day recorded delivery.

thanks BETD 🙂

Daffy

You got any pics Lecht? 😛

the_lecht_rocks

what of daffy ? the axle ? think CK but with bigger holes 🙂
    or of it fitted ?

Daffy

Is it decent? I’ll order one on your recommendation.

the_lecht_rocks

aye – it does the job daffy. £50 is OTT however, but at least it’s given me another wheel option 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

fwiw, here’s the email from AV about CK’s adaptor axle :

Thanks for getting back to us. Chris King does not have the 15mm thru-axle
    for standard ISO Disc front hubs available yet. We also do not know when
    this axle will be available because they have not given us any stock
    updates. It will hopefully be before the end of summer and please check
    back with us for availability.

Just let me know if I can assist further.

Best regards,
    John Kellison
    Customer Service Manager
    http://www.AspireVeloTech.com

Daffy

You did better than I did. I e-mailed CK and got naff all!

There’s customer service for ya…

Hadge
    Free Member

Daffy!!! Is it decent????? Course it is – I made it he he. Can’t comment on price I’m afraid but I guess we won’t sell shed loads and it still takes quite a bit of time setting up and then there’s design costs etc to try claw back. Glad your happy with it and I will speak to Bob next week about a 20mm to 9mm conversion kit – if it can be done/made etc. Cheers lads 😀

Daffy

Hadge….I’ll hold you to that as I’ve just orderd one today.

the_lecht_rocks

hadge – what takes time setting up ?
    5 minutes and job done here 🙂
    do you work at BETD ?

Hadge
    Free Member

5 mins to set the CNC lathe up!!!!! Lol you sound like Bob – only kidding Bob. Takes about 2hrs set all the machine, tooling up. I’m sure it’s done in two operations as well so double the set-up time. Machining is very quick but we do work to fine tolerances as well – to ensure our customers get good quality stuff.

Yeah lecht, I do work at BETD for my sins he he

the_lecht_rocks

sorry hadge – i thought you meant fitment !
    if i’d known you worked there, am i entitled an STW discount 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

daffy – fitted it yet 🙂

mrfrosty
    Free Member

I’ve got one bin using it for a few months, finish not as good as king an theres a little play in the hub with it. Does the job though the pin tools a bit shite thou. They say you can use a floating disc with it but imo it still to close with one so i use a standard disc.

the_lecht_rocks

no play in mine and no rub with a floating disc. agree the 3pin preloader tool is KAKA though.

Hadge
    Free Member

I think Bob’s opinion with the tool is you use it once but please email me any comments so I can pass them on. Regarding finish, it’s like CK hubs – they are very very well finished off and I would say they are the best for that. I’ve owned CK, Tune, DT, Hope and Shimano plus our own obviously and there isn’t a great deal to choose between the best of them. I’m going to have a play with some old hubs see if there’s any way I can improve the finish.
    Maybe the floating rotor does look close but it will definitely work.

Daffy

Mine hasn’t arrived…I placed the order on Wednesday afternnon. dunno what’s happening.

Hadge
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be posted until Thursday I guess Daffy. Then depending on how much postage was paid leaves you at the mercy of the Royal Mail. We have been very short staffed to say the least this week but if you don’t get anything by this weekend, contact us again Monday ok.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘BETD : Chris King ISO 15mm BT Axle Kit’ is closed to new replies.