Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Betd bearings, any good?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Time for new bearings for both ends of my pro 2 evos, I’ve taken the rear apart and they all seem rough to me so I’ll replace them all.

Quite an expense at hope price, a bit cheaper from betd, but are they as or nearly as good?

Any other reccomendations?

CheesybeanZ
    parkesie
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with betd bearings.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jekkyl

marked for later. ta.

sv

BETD are good and I personally wouldn’t deal with the offensive Katec owner.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Seeming as betd are also cheaper I’ll go with them then, cheers!

edhornby

I’ve had replacement BB bearings from BETD and they have been rock solid despite the horrendous bike killing mud that you get in Phillips park near us

also had wheel bearings from SimplyBearings which were sensible price and good delivery times

soobalias
    Free Member

had a bad experience with BETD, their Yeti AS-X bearing kit, was missing two bearings (out of four!). Wasnt cheap in the first place, cetainly not for only half the promised kit.
    didnt get any joy on the phone and emails were simply ignored, gave up eventually.

went to a local bearing supplier who provided what i needed for a fraction of the cost – lesson learned.

wont buy from them or recommend again.

Have used Katec several times with no complaints.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I like BETD a lot. They fitted a new ratchet ring to my Hope XC and they put new bearings in then. A good job by all accounts!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Full set of bearings ordered from betd, and a set of drifts from ukbikestore, I could have bodged with sockets etc bot for a tenner why risk borking it..

lornholio
    Free Member

Rulla Bearings sorted me out quickly & cheaply. Bearings seem good quality.

chrishc777
    Free Member

SO the bearings turned up and seem good quality endure items, however they have sent me the wrong ones, emailed last night, hopefully I’ll hear back soon or I’ll be on the phone. Need the bike for the weekend…

Anyone have any experience of their customer service?

chrishc777
    Free Member

They sent me some replacements 1st class next morning, all good!

pitduck
    Free Member

katec,mad as a spoon,but honest helpful and good quality

66deg
    Free Member

+1 for Rulla ,fast efficent service good quality kit.

emac65
    Free Member

Have used both BETD & Katec in the past for hubs & frame bearings, service has been fine off both. Katec’s last longer IME

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Betd bearings, any good?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts