Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best/good computer monitor?
  • tails
    Free Member

I can't be arsed to look through google so what you guys running? I have DVI so can run either that or VGA with adaptor.

I'd like built in speakers and obviously a good screen other than that not fussed sub £200 please.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I like Viewsonic stuff but you rarely find decent inbuilt speakers, for £200 notes you can probably get a goodish 22" screen and have money left over for external speakers should the internal ones not live up to your expectations.

For a 24" screen at your budget;

Viewsonic Review

spock
    Free Member

Obviously i am a little bias but the brand new screen i have for sale is an excellent screen, what sets it apart is the massive contrast ratio so you get really deep black for example, the problem with cheaper monitors is you dont get this, just rubbish dark greys.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-new-samsung-19-monitor#post-1757817

ps- im not just saying this i used the previous model and it was excellent quality

GrahamS

"Best" and "sub £200" don't really go together unfortunately, so you have to pick an area to compromise.

Do you really need built-in speakers? They are always naff, they make the monitor more bulky and separate speakers with a sub-woofer offer a much nicer experience.

Is the screen response rate and important to you? (i.e. do you want to play games on it?)

Is input lag important? (i.e. if you play games do you play FPS/twitch games?)

Is colour accuracy important to you at all? (e.g. do you want to accurately edit photos?)

And how do you feel about viewing angles? (i.e. will you use it to watch movies or show photos with other people who may be sat at different positions? Also helps with editing photos)

FWIW, I'm currently using an NEC EA231WMi, 23" 1920×1080 x 8-bit IPS display which I mainly got for editing photos. £300 from More Computers

tails
    Free Member

Those viewsonics look pretty good I'm not to fussed on speaker quality as long as it beeps and i can watch the odd you tube vid.

Could I have the samsung model number please and does it come boxed?

tails
    Free Member

Do you really need built-in speakers? They are always naff, they make the monitor more bulky and separate speakers with a sub-woofer offer a much nicer experience.

Is the screen response rate and important to you? (i.e. do you want to play games on it?)

Is input lag important? (i.e. if you play games do you play FPS/twitch games?)

Is colour accuracy important to you at all? (e.g. do you want to accurately edit photos?)

And how do you feel about viewing angles? (i.e. will you use it to watch movies or show photos with other people who may be sat at different positions? Also helps with editing photos)

Would prefer speakers as I don't need top quality sound.

Don't want to play games.

Would like to have a reasonably accurate colour

Viewing angles are un important as it will be just me using it.

It will be used as a workstation solidworks, AutoCAD, vectorworks, sketchup, adobe.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Would like to have a reasonably accurate colour

then budget for a eye-one display2 or a spyder3 pro or elite.

you aren't going to get reasonably accurate colour without one.

GrahamS

"Reasonably accurate" is pretty broad. Any monitor will give you colours that are roughly okay.

Viewing angles play a part in colour accuracy (i.e. on typical TN-film screens the colours noticeably change as you move your head up and down or tilt the monitor.

If your mainly doing 3D stuff and your not involved in actual image editing or anything colour critical then you'll probably be fine with a TN-film panel – which is good news for your budget. Those VIewSonics may be a good choice. My advice would be to get one with the best black depth and contrast ratio you can find – your eyes will thank you if you are using it every day.

spock
    Free Member

Hi,
    It's a SyncMaster B1930, and it doesn't come in a box to be particular, but it does come in the plastic wrapping with all the other parts packed up in plastic.

Ill even throw in some speakers if you'd like.

tails
    Free Member

Hi spock I think I'll pass on the samsung as Amazon sell it for £84.99 and I'm really looking for in built speakers. Thanks

spock
    Free Member

ooh i never saw that. Ill happily knock a tenner off though .
    good luck anyway

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best/good computer monitor?’ is closed to new replies.