• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Best xc baggies for over bibs ?
  • iainc

On the back of other thread – I like bibshorts under baggies, but would prefer baggies to stay put rather than slip down, as current Endura Singletrack ones do, however much they are tightened at waist.

ferrals
    Free Member

The endura mtr range have a funny thing to lock shorts to bibs I think

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Ive given up using mtb baggies over bibs as they either slip down or are too tight on my thighs , ended up using my dickies work shorts and they are surprisingly good ! Not sure if that helps , my aldi work shorts are ok too

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Madison addict.

But as with all this stuff, fit is subjective.

larrydavid
    Free Member

Genuine question: why wear baggies over bibs? Why not just wear bib shorts on their own?

matt_outandabout

Genuine question: why wear baggies over bibs? Why not just wear bib shorts on their own?

I refuse to be a MAMIL, and I find Lycra on me results in some traces of vomit in mouths from onlookers…

iainc

^^^ old, fat, food stops 😀

I do subject the public to bare lycra when on road though

larrydavid
    Free Member

Fair enough.For me, I enjoy showing strangers my package, but each to their own.

mtbcoach
    Free Member

I’ve been really liking the Gore 2 in 1 shorts. Best of both worlds and all that. The bib short part is really well built and they’re not all Enduro-y.

frogstomp

Cannondale CFR Team? Works for Manuel Fumic and Marco Fontana..

iainc

^^ eh ?

kcal

Madison Addict (and a pair of Zeniths, as well).

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Rapha Touring, you’ll get a couple of thousand miles out of them offroad before the arse wears through, but happily they do free repairs including shipping

hatter

Madison flux’s here, they have silicon grippers on the inside of the bwck of the waistband which seems to help with slippage and have been comfy for the two all-dayers I’ve worn them for.

iainc

I have a pair of Madison Addicts waiting at PO for collection and have just ordered some Zeniths. Hopefully some singletracks on classifieds next week 😀

frogstomp

cheers_drive

These are great if you like tighter fitting baggies. As with all Dhb stuff good value too

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Crash damage and image, for me I’ll ditch the baggies if I’m racing and taking it seriously otherwise it’s nice to have pockets and some protection.

The TLD XC ones are nice but wouldn’t fit my arse 🙂

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The Endura MTR have a patch that locks on *to a patch on the MTR bibshorts*. The patch on the MTR bibshorts is rough on the inside and continually irritates your lower back leaving a sore patch ang the leg elastic is ridiculously tight. Other than that they’re high quality materials, a good fit and well made.

The MTR baggies are very nice, very slim legged but a thin fabric so won’t stand up to many falls. Best mtb baggies for road riding I’ve got – don’t look too weird.

I really like the Singletracks. Are you sure you’ve not got a see too large? I’ve never had a problem with them slipping down

iainc

I really like the Singletracks. Are you sure you’ve not got a see too large? I’ve never had a problem with them slipping down

Could be, I have 2 pairs of Large which I have the Velcro adjusters fully tightened. Recently bought a pair of Mediums and need Velcro fully loose, but haven’t tried in anger yet as still have labels on in case I send back. Will see how the Madison’s feel in the house and then send some back/sell the used ones.

Am wearing them over Howies bibs which have a bit more texture than my road bibs, in order to have a less slippy surface

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I kind of think you shouldn’t need the Velcro – I’ve cut it off most of my pairs as it adds bulk. If you can get them on without Velcro I’d say they fit.

iainc

^^^^ aye, might have a wee off the beer and go with the Mediums !

mboy
    Free Member

Pretty much any of the Madison range, Addict, Roam, Zenith, Flux… If I had to pick one though it would be the Addict.

sparkyrhino

Have a pair of Endura MTR’s very comfy,grippy patch works a treat never had any irritation,using with howies bibs.

kcal

The Addict seems to have slightly different cut, the zips / pickets bellow out a bit, not at all a problem on the Zenith. Maybe material difference too. Same size, same person..

iainc

Just picked up the Addicts from PO and they seem a great fit ! Large Singletracks on classifieds…

Thanks for thoughts and ideas

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Best xc baggies for over bibs ?’ is closed to new replies.