Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best wheel jig?
  • Fat-boy-fat

Hey there peeps. Thinking about getting a wheel jig for general wheel maintenance and I’m looking for some real world advice.

I’m thinking ye olde Park wheel jig with the optional base (TS-2?) bu5 I see they have a new version for all things plus sized. I’m not convinced I’ll ever be maintaining plus wheels with tyres on and can’t work out whether it will fit the base for the traditional jig.

Any thoughts or alternatives?

JoeG
    Free Member

Park TS2.2 works with fatbike wheels up to 4 inches and 170 mm axle. You’ll only need the newer stand for the 5 inch and 190mm axle.

daern
    Free Member

I use the Planet X “pro” one, but only paid around £60 for it – looks like it’s gone up in price 🙁 It’s really good and you can get seriously tight tolerance builds with it if you are prepared to be patient.

I also use these adapters to make it easier working with thru-axles. I also have this dishing tool which is excellent.

One note on the PX one is that it won’t take wheels that are substantially more than 142mm without modification, so bear this in mind!

hatter

Depends on your definition of ‘best’

All round; Park, they’re in almost every bike shop for a reason.

Budget; One of the many far eastern Park copies out there.

No expense spared: DT Swiss or P&Klie

Digby

I’ve just updated my TS-8 to TS-2.2.

I have to say that the TS-2.2 really does make things a breeze as I find it much easier and a lot less faff to get an accurate ‘dish’ and ‘radial’ true.

Expensive – yes … but still good value for money. (couldn’t justify the TS-4 however)

Fat-boy-fat

Ts2.2 looks like the winner. Will look at the planet x one though.

dovebiker

Best wheel jig? Centrimaster – Park is scaffold-pipe in comparison

daern
    Free Member

The Park one is better than the PX one, I would have thought, but I really like the dial gauges on the PX one, which are a £100 upgrade on the Park jig :-/

Digby

Ts2.2 looks like the winner

You should be able to pick up the TS-2.2p for £200

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best wheel jig?’ is closed to new replies.