Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • best welsh enduro – (non trailcentre)
  • kayakboy
    Free Member

recommendations for riding areas for a little tour of a few days – planning around maybe elan valley / Llangollen / Snowdonia. any areas then can be reasonably navigated without ‘knowing’ the trails from a map with recommendations from local knowledge/ common sense…
    looking for endure style riding ( ie riding up to ride down rather than xc as such…or just epically cool remote feel etc)
    cheers in advance as always wise people
    paul

fr0sty125
    Free Member

This thread is not what I thought.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I have NO idea what you are asking for.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ambrose

Mid Wales has almost everything that you are asking for. You will need to be competent at navigating, the routes are not signposted.

robhughes
    Free Member

Is Wales now ….ENDURO…WTF…
    That word should be banned on here. 😐

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

could spend a couple of days getting lost in the Clywdd’s, they do the Ruthin Marathon around there so it’s made for what you are after.

sofatester
    Free Member

riding up to ride down rather than xc

Quoi?

If you mean just riding, which is presume is what you’re getting at the Elan Valley, Snowdon & Clwyds are worth a look.

Get an OS map and see what happens.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You want to go mountain biking?

Pick a mountain, take a bike – market it however you like.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

STW distain justified for once.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I often ride up hills and sometimes even mountains to ride back down them, sometimes even interlinking said ups and downs with traversing bits in the middle, this is mostly what the riding in all of Wales is

kayakboy
    Free Member

ooooh!
    wow!
    thanks for the beta those of you who get out enough…sorry for offending those who don’t get time to watch the news (earthquakes / war etc)
    I have spent loads of time riding following paths on maps and though sometimes its epic it can also be a rather demoralising slog…hence the thread – trying to maximise the fun I might have in my time off work!! crazy huh?
    paul

Rorschach
    Free Member

That helped.

Jeffus
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have spent loads of time riding following paths on maps and though sometimes its epic it can also be a rather demoralising slog…hence the thread – trying to maximise the fun I might have in my time off

Go to a trail centre.
    But, before you ride, be sure that you are;
    Wearing a full set of gnar-pyjamas in a matching colorway (sic)
    Have REALLY wide bars
    Are wearing an open face helmet with goggles
    Use the words stoked, props, brownpow and enduro as much as possible
    Tell everyone that you’re like, soooo, enduro, braw

The riding you ask for is catered for most brilliantly by CYB, Afan, Cwm Carn, Brechfa, NYA and, even if I may dare whisper it, BPW. The latter gives you the most opportunity to be totally enduro, dood, as the climb’s as dull as shit, but you can be sooooo, like, totally enduro braw when you’re shredding teh gnat on the gravity enduro sections.

Props to UR strava!

Ambrose

Really?

“ooooh!wow!
    thanks for the beta those of you who get out enough…sorry for offending those who don’t get time to watch the news (earthquakes / war etc)
    I have spent loads of time riding following paths on maps and though sometimes its epic it can also be a rather demoralising slog…hence the thread – trying to maximise the fun I might have in my time off work!! crazy huh?
    paul”

Kayakboy, If you can be more specific about what you are after I will do my best to try to help. Perhaps a loop taking in the Claerwen Reservoir and Strata Florida might suit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘best welsh enduro – (non trailcentre)’ is closed to new replies.