Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Best Web Browser?
  • ex-pat
    Free Member

@br
    Indeed it is the case. We have 6000 users on I.e.6 dammit…
    And our customer facing sites are all compatible with I.e. 6 onwards because of that.
    That and Firefox (we develop with that), and Safari. Most other browsers get a look in but not much of one I must say.
    And we don't do WAP! lol.

GrahamS

Just write valid HTML and CSS, sticking with supported features, and 90% of stuff will render just fine cross browser.

Except on IE6 obviously.

ex-pat
    Free Member

So, I read a load of the replies on here, and have now just put Chrome on my Kubuntu (which sounds oddly fetishist). Am typing in said browser now… nice!

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

So what exactly is it that all you die hard anti IE chaps are doing? Failed renderings, issues, problems? Been using IE and have never experienced any of these issues that seem to so cripple all of you. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. 😕

ex-pat
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with usage from me for I.E.
    V6 of the app is pants, which is where a lot of this comes from.
    But there's also a load of security issues (or were) in it.
    Personally, I can't use it on linux box easily, and I want something that synchs my bookmarks, hence Opera and now Chrome.

GrahamS

Been using IE and have never
    experienced any of these issues that seem to
    so cripple all of you. Maybe I'm doing
    something wrong.

Of course not. Because an unseen global army of web developers work feverishly away, driving themselves mad ensuring that their shiny new website is backwards-compatible with a buggy non-compliant browser from the Windows 98 era

You are tootling along in the web's middle lane doing 45mph in your IE6 Morris Minor, completely oblivious as everyone quietly slips past and entirely unaware of the fact that entire motorways have to be carefully designed just to handle your clapped out banger.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Best Web Browser?’ is closed to new replies.