Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best 'weather proof' wireless bike computer for 2 bikes? – recomendations please
  • Vortexracing

Right, a bit fed up of cheap and nasty bike computers not lasting.

Whats the best one to run on two bikes?
    I will obviously need to buy 2 x mounts and transmitters but only really need 1 x display.

any recomendations gents/lasses?

Ta

Dave

Simwit

I've got a Knog Nerd 12 that I run on 2 bikes & it works very well. The stretchy silicon strap makes it really easy to swap from one to the other. Not the cheapest though.

jordie
    Free Member

I would avoid the knog i have had 1 for around two years and although i really like it the sensor mount is a bit crap i falls of alot after time i now sparkie tape the thing on to the fork

turboferret

I like my Garmin Edge 500, no sensors, and comes with 2 mounts as standard.

It is supposed to be IPX7, but I haven't tested it in terrible conditions.

Cheers, Rich

qcamel
    Free Member

2nd yes for the Garmin Edge 500. Post ride info on PC is a geek fest but it's all very good..

Vortexracing

cheers, bloody hell lads, that garmin aint cheap is it? 😯

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

Garmin stuff is good I use the forerunner 305 but if your not interested in the heart rate the 205 is very good. I just use in on my wrist, but you can buy the mounts for bars

Simwit

No problems with the Knog sensor mount here.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I've had a Cateye Micro wireless on my commuter/road bike for a few years. Gone through a couple of batteries, but otherwise faultless, and it has seen plenty of weather.

simon_g

I use a Forerunner 305 as well – didn't buy the Garmin mount, but an old grip cut into three and glued together works great to fatten up the bar to attach the wrist strap to.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best 'weather proof' wireless bike computer for 2 bikes? – recomendations please’ is closed to new replies.