Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best way to sync contacts from Galaxy S3 to S5?
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

I have a new phone, my email is through MS Exchange which I think will sync automatically once I set the accunt up.

However, what is best way to sync my phone contacts to a new phone?

I don’t want to sync anything else, just the phone numbers.

There is a Samsung App but that seems to sync everything, which I don’t want to do.

Many thanks.

lodious
    Free Member

Snyc to gmail contacts on the S3, then they will be there when you log into your new phone? It’s a while since i did this but it was painless, and once they are on gmail, you never need to do it again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Via google, all my apps appear on my new phone too.

dannybgoode

Depends where you save your contacts. I sync mine with Exchange also so wouldn’t get very far syncing with Gmail contacts.

I just set up the sync to Exchange and everything comes across and I disable all syncing with Gmail so as not to duplicate or lose stiff.

matt_outandabout

Depends where you save your contacts. I sync mine with Exchange also so wouldn’t get very far syncing with Gmail contacts.

In your contacts app there is a tick box(es) bit for all your accounts, Exchange, gmail, facebook etc. Just tick all the accounts you want to retain contact info for. This downloads them all to your phone.

Then ensure that your phone backs up to gmail/google – you can force it to do this in same menu I think.

Sign into new phone, and voila.

All my contacts appear in Exchange and Gmail, and can be synced with works Twitface and Facefancy as well I if I want.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best way to sync contacts from Galaxy S3 to S5?’ is closed to new replies.