Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Best way to store music in lossless format
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I want to tidy up my CD collection and am at the moment playing it through an IPod dock but the quality isn’t what it should be. I’d like to store it all in a lossless format and if possible have a screen that would display the album covers to flick through. urrent system is a Cambridge amp, NAD CD and Tannoy speakers, so not high end but not Amstrad either.
    If possible a relatively cheap method would be useful.

Cheers
    Russ

dobo
    Free Member

hmm a media server with a display that shows you album covers and plays back lossless music. i like the sound of that, but cant help you with it. sounds like ipad territory to me combined with airplay to an airplay amp or speakers.. doesnt sound cheap though 😉

my choice of lossless is flac

sadexpunk

so’s mine 🙂

CountZero

About the only thing that i can think of, that really offers what you want would be a Mac Mini with all your music ripped in Lossless, and fed into an AirPort Extreme set-up, with powered speakers. You can use an iPad or iPhone with Remote on it, which gives you the ability to scan through all your music in album art format, or artist or title list format.
    I never use album art, because large amounts of my music is ripped from the sample CD’s that Uncut and The Word magazines give away, so that’s several thousand tracks that don’t have metadata to allow original album art to be sourced, and I really can’t be arsed to source each one individually.
    I rip all mine at 320Kb, rather than Lossless, because of space considerations on my iPod, and, quite frankly, I can’t hear any difference between 320Kb and either Lossless or FLACK, when I’ve done a comparison.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Best way to store music in lossless format’ is closed to new replies.