Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Best way to sort noisy neighbours
  • sig123
    Free Member

Hi , my parents are at there wits end with the neighbour’s.parents have split hubbys moved out , she’s out on her jollies all the time leaving two teenage boys to run havoc. They ate having party’s every weekend with at least 20 others in there, loud music, loud people, drinking, rubbish, taxis coming and going, doors slammed.
    Police have been called but don’t do anything.
    These ate private houses in a respectable area
    Any advice on what I should get them to do?
    Thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Machete rampage.

After some punctuation and spelling tuition, of course.

😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

Fight fire with fire. Invite Motorhead round for a practice session 😉

jekkyl

Move house.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

After some punctuation tuition, of course.

Someday you’ll get as bored as everyone else is of this.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nah, I doubt it. It’s fun!

jodafett

Contact the local councils noise abatement team everytime there’s a party. They record the noise levels etc and are usually more interested in your problem than the Police are.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

OP, if all other avenues have been exhausted (and it sounds like they have), then the council is their only hope. Are there other neighbours involved or just your folks?

Jamie
    Free Member

As per Jodafett. Contact the council. After a point they will set up noise monitoring equipment at your parents place. They can then use this, assuming levels are taking the piss, to serve notices, or pursue legal proceedings.

Sauce – Mate does this stuff for the local council.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

These ate private houses in a respectable area

Not any more they`re not !

cheekyboy
    Free Member

if all other avenues have been exhausted

That may expel them! but its a bit extreme !!

dazz
    Free Member

feel for you, been through the same thing myself

Jamie
    Free Member

Edited due to edit.

racefaceec90

wait till they’re asleep then take your pick out of this video to pay them back 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0w1FL_uEw[/video]

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Wee in their shoes and pwn them with bombers.

sig123
    Free Member

Yes other neighbours are just getting in on it but have played deaf for the past year. Dazz how did it end?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Full on Rear Window diary logging hobby time.

Would you feel comfortable talking to the mum in a ” I stayed at my parents the other night and the noise was *appropriate word”?

If not, only if you have the time but decibel meter, video and images all together in a tidy folder plus a call and email to council, get a reference number, every time. Talk to surrounding properties as well, again if you can.

Persevere. Eventually council decision maker will make a decision. Eventually

project
    Free Member

sig123, yore family name isnt MELDREW is it.

and with the warm and lighter nights the neighbours will soon be able to use the garden for burning food and parties

But seriously contact local council keep a log of all noise occurances, time and date,etc, noisy neighbours can and do exist in nice areas.

sig123
    Free Member

So what can the council do?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Serve a Noise Abatement Notice rendering anyone who breaks its provisions liable for civil court penalties

project
    Free Member

and seize any noise making equipment and have it destroyed.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I know exactly how you feel buddy.

I lived (rented) on a quiet cul de sac stunning house, big, and cheap. We had neighbours from hell!!!

The neighbours used to live in our house sold to the landlord but had smashed through in the loft into where they lived now as the elderly woman who used to live there passed away so they were squatting.

Due to the fact they’d bin there a while they technically owend the house (researched and rang council) so the 44yo geezer and his 19yo skank mrs loved having partys at 4am on tuesday and parking his various shitty cars/vans outside my house. Having bon fires and doing diy at daft oclock.

Me being me 6ft4 and 20stone went for a chat and gave him a polite note to quieten down after abuse and worsening noise just to wind me up I resorted to my way, 5am knock up on a sunday and he woke up missing teeth and a large headache.

This got even worse. I contacted police they said its a civil matter nowt they could do. Council said I must have a 3 month log of all incidents then theyd install a noise sensor and recorder to moniter them.

After the shit the council couldent evict as they were squatting and had a baby in the house so breaking in or cutting off gas/leccy was out of the question and they made no noise whilst the recorder was in place!!!!!!!

After a quiet spell and the wife calling social services about their baby screaming all the time whilst they threw parites our car got smashed up.

The wife tried to take the peterol can out of my hands whilst I was pouring it all over his cars and van (stupid I know but pure rage and lack of sleep and constant rows with the wife drove me insane, I purposely found ways to avoid going home and it nearly destroyd our marriage.

Even after a visit from some unsavoury lads I used to work with on the doors (no baby in the house) didnt work I just gave up and ended up moving house and buying the home im in now, a mans home is supposed to be his castle and when some **** interrupt that its horrible and made me and my wife ill and nearly broke us.

Only come back was when we left I asked our old landlord to find THE worst people he knew to take our old house and he did!!! I also bumped into the shitbag a few weeks back and introduced his face to tarmac again was satisfying but childish.

We tried violence the law and being nice. Some people just dont get it im afriad so we haf no choice to move. I realy do hope you solve this as I know what its like.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

This street wasn’t called Coronation St was it? Or some other fictional place?

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

The noise order and destroying equipment hadent bin released when this was happening to us but even so they were squatting and wouldn’t have answerd the door anyways.

Leave a bottle of voddy on their doorstep but inject a shed load of de icer into it. That would quieten em up a bit (old neighbour rage rearing its ugly head) : p

MoreCashThanDash

Not criticising what bigphil has said he did, but if it’s true, that’s a hell of a confession to a variety of criminal offences on a public forum. Still time to edit?

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Davey boy wonder I really do hope you never have these sort living next door to you as I endured counciling due to the stress and rage they caused me I tried all avenues and id offer any help I could to anyone unfortunate enough to have to endure crappy neighbours.

The op is asking for help not some sarcy comment.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The op is asking for help not some sarcy comment.

Leave a bottle of voddy on their doorstep but inject a shed load of de icer into it.

😆

sig123
    Free Member

Cheers Phil i feel for you. im more than capable of sorting it that way myself , but having my own family now dont really want to go down that avenue.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

That was obviously a joke thus the smiley at the end. Is the machette rampage not also a joke? Mixing humor in the mix davey.

Like I said I hope you never have to endure this.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I was stupid and young and at the time my head was mashed and I wasnt myself. I paid the price and had to undergo professional help all due to idiots.

Just sharing what I went through to show you aint the only ones. The new noise orders are the way to go and hopefully there will be no moving involved as thats a last resort. I wouldent wish it on anyone as its your home and escape.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Best way to sort noisy neighbours’ is closed to new replies.