Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best way to secure an up and over garage door?
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

What are the best solutions out there?
    Thanks
    Richard

clubber
    Free Member

drill holes through the door and into the surrounding brick work then use metal pegs to secure. simple and works.

amplebrew

I put a padlock through a hole in the door runner / rail so that the door only opens a small distance.

You obviously need to be to lock the door from the inside though.

FOG

Yep that’s what I was advised to do by the polis after my garage was done.
    They said the scrotes expect to be able to peel the door up with a crow bar so you do the drilling quite low down so they can’t crawl under any space they can make

clubber
    Free Member

the problem is that the doors are actually pretty weak – a crowbar is enough to bend them enough to get in (though maybe not enough to easily get a bike out) so locking the runner doesn’t really help.

scaredypants

I put a padlock through a hole in the door runner / rail so that the door only opens a small distance.

me too – and I’ve got metal shelf-rails jammed in each side at the botom stopping the swingarms from moving outwards

Jamie
    Free Member

Park the car in front of it.

lipseal
    Free Member

Brick it up and put something in there that’s fit for purpose..

Aristotle
    Free Member
    brakes
    Free Member

flatfish
    Free Member

Aristotle has the answer.
    Access from both sides of the door rather than a padlock on the inside or a steel rod put into a hole, again, from the inside. The OP might not have any other door to the inside of the garage.

Jamie’s reply is a bit weak, does he really think if some scrote thats prepared to damage a door and steal a bike is going to worry about smashing a car window and letting the handbrake off. 🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best way to secure an up and over garage door?’ is closed to new replies.