Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best way to post forks
  • Green

Which is the best company to use for send forks in the post? I’ve looked at royal mail special delivery, but that only seems to go upto 60cm length for a rectangular box.

Cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

I just took them down the PO, and used Parcel Force 48.

SOAP
    Free Member

in a box from your lbs, as above parcel 48, is about £20 standard parcel with £400 insurance is £13

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Green

Crikey, that was quick thanks guys.

takisawa2

senditnow.com

or

parcel2go.co.uk

Never had a problem with either. And they collect it from you.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Used parcel2go at least 30 times now.

Yet to have a problem myself but I know from friends it can be a little difficult to get things sorted if there is a problem.

I usually end up booking Yodel, Citylink, Myhermes or Collect+ via P2G, all have been fine for me.

You only get limited cover as standard (from memory about £20 or £25) but you can buy extra cover.

I’ve always booked the cheaper options (2 day service) but have had a few times when items have been received next day.

ste_t
    Free Member

Parcel monkey is silly cheap, I posted a bike insured a couple of weeks ago for about a tenner. Usually the actual courier is city link so make sure you pack it well. Send forks with them before no problems

_tom_
    Free Member

I took mine down to the post office, think they did it through parcel force.

timmys

Unless you’re unlucky the Post Office will just eyeball it and allow you yo use Special Delivery even though they are technically too long.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best way to post forks’ is closed to new replies.