Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best way to look after Fox forks
  • lank45
    Free Member

Got a set of Fox Float 36s and after reading about the servicing etc.. of them I’d wanting to know the best way to keep them going smoothly. So far with only a couple rides I’ve just cleaned the seals after each ride

MountainMutant
    Free Member

bubble wrap in the box 😉

MountainMutant
    Free Member

soz not very helpful.

My 2004 talas forks run smoothly yet my 2007 ones have bad stanction wear. Both cleaned after every ride. It hasn’t affected performance.

MM

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DustyLilac
    Free Member

Store bike upsidedown, wipe clean regularly, occasional wipe over with a cloth dampened with fork oil. My 07 Floats still going strong after nearly 18 months.

njee20
    Free Member

Take them off the bike, put back in box, with aforementioned bubble wrap, avoid using.

To be honest you won’t be able to do much other than regular servicing to keep them smooth.

bomberman
    Free Member

i wouldn’t dismantle them too much if i were you as all the bolts are made of soft aluminium and don’t like being messed with too much. If you follow this simple routine you should only have to do a periodic strip and seal maintain every few months (video HERE)

1 – clean them after every ride with a sponge and soapy water. i use car polish.
    2 – don’t blast a hose at the seals because you’re just blasting the dirt into the fork.
    3 – dry them with a rag.
    4 – use a bit of teflon dry lube to lubricate seal/stanchion interface
    5 – pump the fork to lift the dirt out
    6 – wipe off the excess.

That’s it. Fox recommend that you take the bike out with the seals lubricated as they work better wet.

every so often turn the bike upside-down for a bit to allow the oil inside to lubricate the foam rings underneath the seals.

Job done.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best way to look after Fox forks’ is closed to new replies.