Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best way to insure a couple of expensive bikes
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

My house insurance is up for renewal and I want to add my bikes to the policy however the quotes are nearly doubling.

I have two bikes I want to insure, one is worth £4000 and the other is £2000.

Does anyone know the most cost effective way of doing this, or know of any good house insurance companies that do them.

Got a fwe quotes from more than and although the bikes only cost a few pound to add the basic house insurance is a rip off.

thanks

sheldona
    Free Member

M&S Insurance cover all mine on the house contents insurance.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Marks and Spencer, covers any single item (inlcuding bikes!) up to £4k.
    I know where im going come renewal time!

mud-monster
    Free Member

cycle guard… worth a try

http://www.cycleguard.co.uk/home.asp

westkipper
    Free Member

After doing some checking for some similar value bikes,and being a bit shocked, the best advice I got was to take the sum of money that the insurance company wants for its premiums, and pay it monthly into your own bank account.
    If the worst happens you'll have a bit of a buffer there, and if it doesn't you've still got the benefit of your own money.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

M&S

check your cover and check it again

then phone them up and check again

there are different levels of cover, you'll want the one that covers up to £4k at home and away with new for old replacement.

Mugboo

We pay £120 on top of our Halifax insurance bill for 3 bikes £3000/£1800/£1500. We have had them priced up at LBS as proof inc serial numbers. Are we paying too much?

easygirl

M&s covers theft in or out of the home, damage to any item, including bike
    at home or anywhere in the world
    so this just about covers all eventualities

br
    Free Member

M&S for us, less than £150 for new-for-old and cover on all items (bikes, gear plus the wifes' horse stuff and I guess all the tech as well) away from home.

grantway
    Free Member

Mine is covered by the Halifax and is added to my home
    and contents insurance.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Halifax..if you get travel cover with Halifax as well it also covers bikes abroad.

DSB
    Free Member

M&S all the way here 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Another M&S fan here, only with then about a month or so when I had to make a big claim for a new bike, very smooth and easy claim from start to finish with absolutly NO quibbling. I'll be looking to them come renewal time even if its through a cancelation and then another new policy.

rickon
    Free Member

+2 M&S.

Boom.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i use butterworth (iirc) insurance. have 2 bikes insured, one at 1500 and one at 2500 – premium after 1 year, plus public liability, was £290 i think (paid 2 days ago). thats £100 less than cycleguard quoted me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best way to insure a couple of expensive bikes’ is closed to new replies.