Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best way to get to Aalsborg in Denmark
  • greenboy
    Free Member

I need to go to Aalsborg in Denmark in Septemebr, trouble is I want to take a bike so options would normally be fly or ferry and drive.
    However there are no direct flights from the UK and I cant seem to find a ferry service that’ll take me most of the way.

Anyone done this trip or gone to the far norht of Denmark?

All help appreciated.

nickdavies

They knocked the Esbjerg route on the head end of last year, so you’re going to be fly and rent a car or drive across Europe.

It’s not too bad a drive, you can get to the hook of Holland from harwich which puts you a bit closer than dunkerque, Netherlands is a bit of a boring slog. Depends how long you’re going for?

cheers_drive

Fly to Billund and hire car from there.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Fine memories of Aalborg 😀 and Aarhus, hope you have a good a time as I did !

Dont forget the debrief on your return.

Kryton57

Another one in the World RR champs eh? Well done

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Fly to Gothenburg take the ferry? Or just drive it’s not so far

ransos
    Free Member

Fly to Billund and hire car from there.

Probably your best bet. Now the Harwich-Esbjerg ferry is no more (which is what I used to do), your other option is to sail Harwich-Hook of Holland, and drive up, but you’d be looking at 8 hours or so. Maybe not too bad if you do the overnight crossing as you have all day to get there.

Pigface
    Free Member

howsyourdad is spot on, Fly Ryan Air to Gburg, 20 minutes on the bus gets you downtown. Jump on ferry to Fredrikshavn. not sure how you would do the last tiny bit but hire a car, try and organise a lift.

Driving is simple as well will take about 16 hrs Dover Dunkirk is cheap and is how I used to drive to Sweden. You wont be going over any of the big bridges so saving money there.

greenboy
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for all the info.

I think I’ll ferry to the Hook of Holland and drive the rest, with a bike it’ll be a whole less hassle.

Taking the wife so I’ll have good company.

HungryHungryHippo

I did this trip a lot for work, London to Aalborg. As of a few months ago there were two direct flights a week, run by Norweigan air. AAL to LGW late on Thurs, the opposite journey was also a Thursday I think. Otherwise the journey is via Amsterdam with KLM or via Copenhagen with Norwegian. Both quite a faff for what ought to be a quick journey!

Fantombiker

I travel regularly to Denmark…either ryanair to billund or flybe to Hamburg then hire car…which ever is cheaper.

schmiken

I flew to Oslo, rode down to Larvik and then got the ferry across to Hirtschals. I was riding across Europe though, you may be better off flying and then hiring a car!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best way to get to Aalsborg in Denmark’ is closed to new replies.