Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Best way to get rid of mice?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Just saw one in my house for first time in 5 years. Cleaned kitchen, placed all food in fridge or in jars. Thought I’d buy some cheese and traps tomorrow. Any other tips? Btw I’m allergic to cats, so that solution is out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

poison, only down side is when they crawl off and die somewhere they smell for a bit, but they are dead

twosheds
    Free Member

yeh, ive got mice again in garage. they had been feasting on a 10k sack of peanuts for the birds. poison works best.

sqwheeler

Poison can end up taking out other wildlife too…I’ve got one of these and it’s the business:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/9n39hb

Don’t bother with the little plastic traps, rubbish. This works every time. Spread a bit of peanut butter on a biscuit, stick it inside and the suckers can’t resist. Then drive it a few miles and let it out in a hedge. Just don’t leave the trap closed up in the garage – I did that and a few weeks later found 1 dead mouse plus 1 half-eaten dead mouse inside. Put me off me dinner.

pendlechris
    Free Member

We had them,we got local council pest control, they where gone in a week but they followed up to check, they used poision, but they where under the house so i didnt cause a problem he said they go off and die and you will never see them,he also mentioned the peanut butter and a malteser cut in half on a trap, also borrow a neighbours cat for a few hours let in just roam the house and they will be gone.

uplink
    Free Member

bruneep

<shakes head at catch and release scheme>

Kill em!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Napalm.

Verbal-Kint
    Free Member

[aliens]nuke them from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure[\aliens]

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yuo’re a hitman and you cant deal with a few mice? Christ! I dont like killing little furry things, but when they’ve got into your house its a bit far I suppose…

This is how you do it…

Merlinman

Wooden ‘breakback’ trap, baited with Kit Kat placed at 90 degrees to run.

Don’t poison inside.

samuri
    Free Member

You need two cats. One rubbish one who can’t kill them, and then a good mouser to dispatch any that are left. Oh, and a dog to kill any rats that the good mouser brings home but finds a little bit too big to top.

That’s what we did.

AndyP
    Free Member

cats are crap. They do kill mice, but they also bring them in in the first place.

Proper trap, baited with chocolate. None of this cheese nonsense.

Either that, or find nest, insert smoke bomb, stand beside with strimmer activated.

coffeeking
    Free Member

cats are crap. They do kill mice, but they also bring them in in the first place.

Cats "bring them in"??

AndyP
    Free Member

yes.See uplink’s photo for how it is possible for a cat to transport a mouse.

MrNutt
    Free Member

dave_aber
    Free Member

Kin hell MrNutt, that beastie will get rid of mice, rats, and I would suspect squirrels and small cats as well.

Is it for sale?

crazy-legs

Nice peregrine. 🙂

wwaswas

that parrot that got et by a dog last week should be replaced with one of those – would give the dog a shock if it tried it on again…

crazy-legs

It’s not actually *that* big, peregrines will take out anything up to pigeon sized. But they’re proper ace birds. 🙂

hitman
    Free Member

cheers everyone

went for humane traps recommended by sqweeler (cheers) and ultrasound/sonic gizmo (supercharged large version)

in the mean time have just set crap plastic traps with peanut butter from Focus, plus own brand flashing light ultrasound unit for £10!

neil_1979
    Free Member

When we had them in our loft I found chocolate buttons very effective bait traps

neil_1979
    Free Member

should read “bait for traps”

obviously chocolate buttons are rubbish at trapping bait

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

‘hitmouse’ would have been the obvious solution

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Best way to get rid of mice?’ is closed to new replies.