Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best way to a store bike long term
  • j2b2
    Free Member

Hi
    Is it better to store a bike upside down if it is not going to be used for a good few months? I don’t have a stand.
    Cheers.

ajantom

Screw a hook into a wall at the right height for it to hang with the back wheel just touching the ground.

kcr
    Free Member

I’ve hung bikes up vertically, wheels on the ground, wheels off the ground, and never noticed any problems. In fact, I recently rode my MTB after it had mostly been on hanging from the roof by the front wheel for a year, and the rear shock felt more plush than it’s ever been. Coincidence, of course, I’m not suggesting that as a tuning mechanism!

devash
    Free Member

I occasionally leave my bike upside down overnight to let the oil in the lowers of the fork soak back into the foam rings. I don’t know if its a placebo but my forks definitely feel plusher for the next few rides.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i leave my DH in a cold garage from late October to early May and it seems fine

P-Jay
    Free Member

TBH I leave them leaning against a wall as per usual, as above rest it upside down over night before use to let the oil soak into the wipers.

When I’ve left them hanging up or upside down the brakes have got to crap.

slowoldman

Leave it with me, I’ll look after it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best way to a store bike long term’ is closed to new replies.