Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best way round Mount Keen and Fungle Road
  • BigR

Aiming to do Mount Keen and the Fungle Road from Tarfside. Seen recommendations to do it clockwise and anti-clockwise. Would prefer better descents even if it means more pushing. What does STW recommend? Ta

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ridden it both ways. Far more ridable clockwise starting by going to queenswell and oer mount keen first.

The techy climb up from the guard is ace , looks like it would be a good descent but i found it a dissapointment 🙁

Descent from the final gate into tarfside is great fun

MussEd
    Free Member

I’m going to say anti. That’s the way we went and it was guid!

MussEd
    Free Member

Actually we started by going past Queenswell too so it must’ve been clockwise also! Sorry…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Clockwise was sufficiently epic for me down Mt Keen that I wouldn’t try it anti.

BigR

Thanks, two replies and I thought it was going to be one of each. Looking at the map clockwise looks better. I tried it once before on a rigid steel monstrosity in the early 90s but didn’t make it much beyond 1/3 of the way up aMount Keen and walked the rest. Hoping to do better this time!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its been resurfaced , you could near geta ford focus up it now 🙂

My mate rode the whole thing to the peak in the big ring … Crazy fella.

bruneep

Ridden it both ways. Far more ridable clockwise starting by going to queenswell and oer mount keen first.

The techy climb up from the guard is ace , looks like it would be a good descent but i found it a dissapointment

Descent from the final gate into tarfside is great fun

This ^

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best way round Mount Keen and Fungle Road’ is closed to new replies.