Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best waterproof shorts?
  • honourablegeorge

As the arse has (literally) fallen out of my Endura Events, I need a replacement.

Can any recommend a decent, durable set? Alp-x?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Madison Tempests? I have had mine for a couple of years now. A bit cheaper than the majority of the others I found too.

avdave2

I’ve used altura attacks for 2 winters of off road commuting and been very happy with them. I’ve bought some semi drys as well now as I wear them every day in the winter and the attacks are overkill for dealing with mud and puddles when it’s not actually raining.

Northwind

I’ve nothing bad to say about my Attacks… Maybe cinch straps on the legs would be useful for some, mind, but I don’t miss them. Not too noisy, not too sweaty. And proper durable- I’ve killed one pair, but it took concerted effort over a couple of years, more than good enough.

I’d say walk away from anything that needs special handling when washing, too. Which the Attacks probably benefit from, but don’t need- mine are always machine washed and have never been reproofed, but still waterproof.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i agree with mr northwind.
    although i might reproof mine this weekend, just for added dry-arsedness.

FuzzyWuzzy

My Alp-X’s seem fine, I’ve not really used them that much to say they’re durable though (no signs of falling apart after half a dozen rides though)

WackoAK
    Free Member

+1 for the Altura Attacks, I had the Endura ones but prefer the fit on the attacks.

micky
    Free Member

Been using some old green waterproof leggings that have been cut off for years over my main shorts. Great to keep water and mud off your shorts. Especially good if you need to drive back from somewhere as your shorts stay clean. Essential kit for the winter I think. have not seen anyone else using them which I find strange! Cost is next to nothing.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Attacks from new are very good. In my experience though durability has been less than good.

The waterproofing dimished quickly when washing with detergent. Since I realised I don’t use any detergent and the waterproofing seems fully intact.

7 out of 10 imo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best waterproof shorts?’ is closed to new replies.