Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best Waterproof Lightweight Jacket ?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Need something highly waterproof but very breathable for MTBing plus my roadbike commute. Must have no insulation so I can use in our sometime wet summer! Looking at the Endura Stealth at the mo – anything else out there I should look at? (if I can get in bright relective yellow would also be good for the commute!)

jim
    Free Member

Realistically anything fully waterproof will be too warm for the summer. Just accept getting wet!

Montane Stormrider. Best price from Mark Anthony.

I got mine two weeks ago. Well impressed.

robarnold
    Free Member

Millet Gore Tex. Pricey, but worth it's weight in gold. Stylish enough to wear to the pub and not get laughed at too

JimmyB
    Free Member

Personally I'd reckon you don't need fully waterproof in summer, just go for something that'll keep all but the heaviest stuff out & keep the wind off you. I used to use one of these:

H20

but my wife has appeared to have knicked it for running.
    Think I got mine for about £35 from CRC & comes in BRIGHT yellow.

Get a heavyweight Endura jacket for the winter.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Endura Helium is worth a look. Light, packable, good performance and not a bad price at £80.

s
    Free Member

daveatextremistsdotcouk – Member

Montane Stormrider. Best price from Mark Anthony.

I got mine two weeks ago. Well impressed.

Worth checking out Tk Maxx too as they sell the odd Montane waterproof jacket at silly prices.

cp

Personally I'd reckon you don't need fully waterproof in summer, just go for something that'll keep all but the heaviest stuff out & keep the wind off you

have you ridden in the last month??!!!

I'll suggest an Altura Attack Extreme – it got rave reviews from Singletrack, MBR and WMB. I've not used mine in anger yet – only just got it – but it feels top quality and the price is very good – do a google.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I really rate my Stealth, but it's thickish so its not ideal for summer, although it is the only jacket I have and therefore use it all year round. If I was getting just a summer jacket I would go for something like a Paclite shell

JimmyB
    Free Member

have you ridden in the last month??!!!

Yup, came back from a ride & was sent out on Chip shop run just before the really heavy stuff hit us one night. My theory is that jackets generally don't have hoods so if it's that heavy you're going to find shelter anyway – hence it doesn't need to be completely waterproof for summer.
    Flawed I know but so is my 'the higher the alcohol content of red wine the nicer it will be' theory & that's served me well. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best Waterproof Lightweight Jacket ?’ is closed to new replies.