Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best ventilated sunglasses for mtb?
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hi,

I always stuggle with my sunglasses steaming up and now hardly ever wear them – i’m one of those sweaty types.

Or alternative solutions to the issue. Cutting my sweat glands is not an option. 😆

Any suggestions that have worked?

Cheers

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Ride faster, all of them steam up at low speed.

philjunior
    Free Member

I got some safety specs with anti fog coating. It’s not totally impervious to misting up, but as long as you just rinse them clean it lasts pretty well and they’re a tenner a shot. Pretty sure you can get them tinted too (bolle ones).

They’re not really vented, but they do work. As an example, I’ve not had them fog up waiting about at the velodrome no matter how sweaty I get warming up, which used to happen with all my previous glasses.

Another option would be to get some anti-fog stuff that you can get for motorcycle visors – this would get around the problem that the outside also has anti fog and so any rain just forms a thin film instead of beading off, so impairs vision quite quickly (you can get stuff to make the water bead to put on the outside)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Do they really exist?

Closest I get to is the fairy liquid solution but even then only with partial success. I never finish a ride with glasses still on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fit is the most important factor here.

tom.nash

Expensive I know, but I use clear vented Oakley glasses as the lens quality/clarity is outstanding and the venting works as soon as you start moving.

Klunk
    Free Member

the latest ones from aldi have been the best I’ve ever had for staying clear unfortunately they do let an awful lot of mud and grit through from underneath 🙁

bfebikerchap
    Free Member

I drilled some holes in the top edge of a cheap pair of endurance glasses. Similar to the vents on Oakleys and lots cheaper. Fair success but not outstanding

lunge

Oakley Jawbones with vented lenses is what I’d suggest.

Shred
    Free Member

I use this: Salclear

Vents do not stop glasses fogging up.

markshires
    Free Member

+1 for that salclear stuff.

It seems to work really well for an hour or so, then your glasses just seem to get ‘sweaty’ rather than steamed up. Clean and then re apply!

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve tried loads, flak jackets, flak jacket XL, Jawbones, Tifosi, Nike, endura.
    The only glasses I will use for riding now are Adidas evil eyes. Remarkable things.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@wrecker – I used to have a pair of those Adidas glasses for mountaineering and you’re right, they rarely misted come to think of it. Sadly don’t have them anymore.

So, for a cheaper alternative I’ll try that anti-fog stuff. Good shout. Cheers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best ventilated sunglasses for mtb?’ is closed to new replies.