Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • best value TV/internet package?
  • yunki
    Free Member

Well, in the not too distant future I will be moving into a new gaff, starting from scratch..
    I may have mentioned on here in the past that I am in a perpetual state of financial embarrassment so I need some advice on good value solutions..
    Can’t get a satellite dish where I’m going to be living, so what’s the score with the new era of internet television?
    What sort of outlay am I looking at to get myself started?
    At present I have a bargain basement Nokia smartphone and a cheap mid 90s TV..

Any ideas?

samuri
    Free Member

just buy a digi box for 3 pounds. Best check your TV has a scart socket.

yunki
    Free Member

It does fortunately have a scart socket.. Was hoping to be able to access a bit of modern tech for the kids.. I don’t want them thinking that I live in the dark ages

grantway
    Free Member

I would have said BT but they canceled my installation without even telling me

SKY is crap useless internet connection, so be watching this thread

ampthill

I’d be looking at a Talk talk package. Broad band, phone and freeview hard disc box all in one. I can’t swear its like the best deal ever but its not bad

I think for £35 (might be £33) I get unlimited broad band, freecalls to Uk numbers at any time upto an hour and a box that records freeview channels and has catch up tv integrated. We got that box free (well included in the price)I think for a bit for more cash you can get sky channels for a month with no minimum tie in. Might be good if they were you in a holiday and for say a £5 you can get Nicleodeon for a month

PS if anyone spots that I’m on a crap deal please let me know so I can try harder next time

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Freeview box, unlimited internet and iplayer.

samuri
    Free Member

I assume you have a computer?

Cheapest solution would be to just get cheap broadband and netflix and let them watch stuff on that. Plenty of free channels on the internet like iplayer and the like.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Virgin for broadband only and then use any/all of the online players
    If you’re an EE customer then broadband is only £2.50 a month and he phone line is £11 if you pay the year upfront.
    Also do you/ex/brother/friend have Sky? Just use their Sky Go details 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I will be computerless for the forseeable

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘best value TV/internet package?’ is closed to new replies.